Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected expense made sweeter thanks to SR

Default Unexpected expense made sweeter thanks to SR

A foot of snow and a dead snow blower = one VERY cranky husband.

Apparently our snow blower has been acting up lately (news to me...but then again I'm not a snow clearing kind of gal, LOL) and it chose TODAY, amid a foot of snow, to konk out completely. It's not a giant surprise expense...we've anticipated it's death for a long time because it's a small (2 cycle) snow thrower that we had at our old house when we only had a small flat driveway and sidewalk to clear. When we moved into our new house (with a larger/sloped driveway) five years ago, we knew it was too small for our driveway but we just couldn't justify buying a "big boy" snow blower (4 cycle) when we had one that worked...until this morning that is.

I was able to order one from Sears online this morning for in store pick up AND SR credit. Getting the van out of our uncleared driveway to pick it up was another interesting scenario, but he did get it out and off he went. We were lucky they had one in stock - and the one that's rated extremely well by consumer reports...and it was on sale.

I was very excited to earn SR credit for a big ticket purchase...and my DH is excited to finally have a big boy snow blower, LOL! Win win!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Oh a new man toy! My husband would like a new bigger one too but ours works perfectly fine or at least "I" think it does, I don't do snow removal either! Congrats on the SR credit.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

VERY cool. We almost had one of those "ack we have to replace this" moments when hubby realized our catalytic converter was broken. Thankfully but also sadly for my SR balance, my BIL (who works at the dealership where we bought the car) reminded us that it was under warranty.

Even after we figured that out I said "buy can't we still buy it through SR and give it to them?" but hubby had to remind me that free was better.

So even though we didn't have to make the purchase, I can understand your excitement over getting to earn Sunshine on something that would normally be a total bummer!
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats! Love it! Oops for the credit not the problem. But I know my DH loves getting things like that.

Same thing happened to me last week when DH decided at the last minute to go to Vegas for the race. It will be a great jump when it clears.

Hmmm now thinking about it...I was not crazy about this storm but it worked out for you....something always positive going around.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post

Apparently our snow blower has been acting up lately (news to me...but then again I'm not a snow clearing kind of gal, LOL) and it chose TODAY, amid a foot of snow, to konk out completely. It's not a giant surprise expense...we've anticipated it's death for a long time because it's a small (2 cycle) snow thrower that we had at our old house when we only had a small flat driveway and sidewalk to clear. When we moved into our new house (with a larger/sloped driveway) five years ago, we knew it was too small for our driveway but we just couldn't justify buying a "big boy" snow blower (4 cycle) when we had one that worked...until this morning that is.

I was able to order one from Sears online this morning for in store pick up AND SR credit. Getting the van out of our uncleared driveway to pick it up was another interesting scenario, but he did get it out and off he went. We were lucky they had one in stock - and the one that's rated extremely well by consumer reports...and it was on sale.

I was very excited to earn SR credit for a big ticket purchase...and my DH is excited to finally have a big boy snow blower, LOL! Win win!
    Oh, I can just see the look of glee on his face!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I had a big order from Sears before Christmas and never got credit.
    Yesterday we had to make another purchase from Sears, so I am giving it a 2nd chance.
    We had to buy a pressure washer for summer.
    It was $299. Sears had free shipping this weekend on all lawn/garden.
    Sears credit is 1%, which is a nice little bump, I hope I get it this time.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

yup, that's a win win all right!!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    I had a big order from Sears before Christmas and never got credit.
    Yesterday we had to make another purchase from Sears, so I am giving it a 2nd chance.
    We had to buy a pressure washer for summer.
    It was $299. Sears had free shipping this weekend on all lawn/garden.
    Sears credit is 1%, which is a nice little bump, I hope I get it this time.
    That's a shame - I'm sorry you didn't get your credit. I've had pretty good luck getting credit for the 2 or 3 "in store pick up" orders I've done through Sears. They do take a week or so to post (I'm guessing they're manual), but I've been lucky so far. Here's hoping I get my snow blower credit...otherwise my DH will be the only happy camper, LOL!

The snow blower has been officially "broken in" and the driveway is clear. Did I mention I've had enough of the snow thing this year?! Sigh...spring can't come fast enough!
    Lori

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Oh, I can just see the look of glee on his face!
    LOL - I emailed Dad about it too, so no doubt the two of them will be out in the garage drooling over it next time you stop by to visit.
    Lori

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

LOL - I emailed Dad about it too, so no doubt the two of them will be out in the garage drooling over it next time you stop by to visit.
    Ummmmmmmmmm......you think?
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards