Thread: Amish Fireplace things

Default Amish Fireplace things

Hi guys. I tried to search for this on SR, but I can't seem to find anything. Do we have a merchant who sells the Amish Fireplace inserts/mantels. I know that there is a heatsurgetv site, but don't believe it has an affiliate.....but before my parents order I was hoping to go thru SR.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks so much
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

They are adorable aren't they?! They were in our local newspaper. I wanted one too.
    Sunshine Rewards

See if the ones at CSN Stores are the ones you are talking about.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    See if the ones at CSN Stores are the ones you are talking about.
    No Tricia......those aren't the same ones. I did put in a request in the "shopping sites we would like" thread.
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I have to tell you that a friend got one and was very dissapointed with how little heat it threw. She had no problem sending it back except she had to pay $50 to ship it!

I didn't see it myself, so I'm just repeating what she told me.. ymmv She did say that the wooden mantle itself was very attractive. Just not enough heat.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just an FYI probably easy for most people to figure out but......My mom ordered one not realizing exactly what it was.... it was pretty big. She had to send it back because she didn't have any place to put it.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

It was on a news alert that they aren't really made by the Amish and they are basically just space heaters. I wanted to get one too until I heard this.

I can't say if they're made by the Amish or not but they are certainly not Amish men in the commercials or print ads - Amish do not believe in having their pictures taken. Just for the heck of it, I Googled "Amish Heater Scam" - a LOT of hits came up. Please be careful...
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 03-11-2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for all the imput............for some reason my mom is heck bent on getting one of these for the new room she put on (just off the kitchen).....my ex father in law has one and they do love it, but again they have it in a room that is smaller so it warms it enough that they are happy.

I figure if we could get credit for it, it would be a win-win situation for both of us
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards