Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BrokenGold

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default BrokenGold

Well I sent in some of my gold on 8-7 that I didn't wear anymore that was just sitting in my jewelry box. I sent 8 throw-away type chains and 7 bracelets, mostly thin ones and one small gold ring. Some of the pieces were 10K but most were the 14K. I weighed the envelope before mailing and it was 2 1/4 oz. I received a check today for $92.40, I'm thrilled! I was thinking I probably wouldn't get more than about $25 and I would have been happy with that amount! If anyone is hesitant, they do pay up...probably not a great deal but I didn't wear these things anyway and now I can buy something at Disney when we go in October!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

That's great, Pam! How long did it take to receive your check?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by toystoryduo View Post
    That's great, Pam! How long did it take to receive your check?
    I mailed the envelope on 8/7 and I got the check today 8/16...so, about 1 week!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Thumbs up

Wow! That is fantastic!!
    Michelle

Sunshine Rewards

Wow, that is great. I'm going digging in my jewelry boxes for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Well I sent in some of my gold on 8-7 that I didn't wear anymore that was just sitting in my jewelry box. I sent 8 throw-away type chains and 7 bracelets, mostly thin ones and one small gold ring. Some of the pieces were 10K but most were the 14K. I weighed the envelope before mailing and it was 2 1/4 oz. I received a check today for $92.40, I'm thrilled! I was thinking I probably wouldn't get more than about $25 and I would have been happy with that amount! If anyone is hesitant, they do pay up...probably not a great deal but I didn't wear these things anyway and now I can buy something at Disney when we go in October!
    I haven't opened the Broken Gold envelope yet. Do you have to insure it when you send? Thanks!

WOOT! For extra spending money at DISNEY!

Now I will have to keep an eye out for some old gold at yard/grage sales!

Btw did they give you a breakdown of what each was worth or just everything you sent and a check is all you got back!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    I haven't opened the Broken Gold envelope yet. Do you have to insure it when you send? Thanks!
    I didn't but my stuff wasn't worth very much, just sealed the envelope and tossed it in the post office box...look on the website, it says something about that they insure up to a certain amount if it gets lost, if you are sending valuable things like diamonds etc. I definitely would insure it.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for sharing about this! We're going to WDW in about a month and I would love some extra spending money! Now, I just have to find the envelope!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I didn't but my stuff wasn't worth very much, just sealed the envelope and tossed it in the post office box...look on the website, it says something about that they insure up to a certain amount if it gets lost, if you are sending valuable things like diamonds etc. I definitely would insure it.

Thanks so much. I'll check out the website. Nothing valuable here either, just stuff!