Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OTX Annoying Me

Default OTX Annoying Me

A couple times a month it seems that I'll spend 20 minutes on an OTX survey only to have it pop up with an "You do not qualify" screen.

Today, I answered about 20 questions each on 8 car models, answered questions about what and when I would buy a new car, what car advertising I have seen, and where I buy tires. Then it tells me I didn't qualify.

Does this happen to anone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ47 View Post
    A couple times a month it seems that I'll spend 20 minutes on an OTX survey only to have it pop up with an "You do not qualify" screen.

Today, I answered about 20 questions each on 8 car models, answered questions about what and when I would buy a new car, what car advertising I have seen, and where I buy tires. Then it tells me I didn't qualify.

Does this happen to anone else?
    Generally when that happens, what it means is that you did not meet the quality control question.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I often wonder too if this happens when you go too fast through a survey. Their systems are set to look for certain factors that might indicate that the survey answers are not valid for example having the survey completed too quickly. I do not know if that is the case here, but a pretty common piece of advise when taking paid surveys is to take your time. Read each question carefully and try not to race through the answers. Good Luck with future surveys.
    Angie

It happened to me too with the car thing. It's so annoying when it happens.

Survey's with OTX can time-out too if they take to long.
    The car survey's with OTX are the hardest to complete.
    I think the car manufacturer that is doing the survey, only wants postive answers for their survey. So if a question doesn't meet their standard, you get thrown off.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Survey's with OTX can time-out too if they take to long.
    The car survey's with OTX are the hardest to complete.
    I think the car manufacturer that is doing the survey, only wants postive answers for their survey. So if a question doesn't meet their standard, you get thrown off.
    On this survey, it asked which tire brands I would consider when buying tires. I selected the three that I usually buy. That's when I got kicked out.

Maybe it didn't like that I prefer Bridgestone and Cooper tires.

just tried to do an otx survey on joining an online community, put in my info for the community and was then told i did not qualify but it did not take me back to the original otx you do not qualify for this survey screen. so i exited out, cleaned out my cookies and tried again and now otx is telling me that i have exceeded my limit for the day. should i wait about an hour to try again or am i screwed for the rest of the day. this hasn't happened to me in a very long time. any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated. waited a little over an hour and was able to get another otx at about 10:20 and it has already credited. pardon my rantings (was having a bad morning). will do better in the future.
    Last edited by marcymajor; 03-06-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: got one
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

I haven't gotten an OTX in several months. I am feeling left out on the IPOD Contest. I am getting the other two now and not the OTX. I will try and try and try and get the same things as above that never qual.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ47 View Post
    On this survey, it asked which tire brands I would consider when buying tires. I selected the three that I usually buy. That's when I got kicked out.

Maybe it didn't like that I prefer Bridgestone and Cooper tires.
    Totally unrelated....but it's nice to see a picture in your avatar!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I agree, sometimes OTX can be annoying and then there are times when they can kick out some really good and easy surveys and that makes me forget that I'm mad at them.

Earlier this week I took a couple and when I went to submit the final page, I got a message error. Yep, wanted to die. Then they quickly redeemed themselves with the rather easy and fun surveys that I ended up getting the latter part of the week. All and all, it's still mighty good to see that .75 appear in my account. I keep my goal in mind.....extra vacation money!

Good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards