Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OTX Annoying Me

Quote Originally Posted by juliokirkland View Post
    I think I just got that survey just now. Grrr
    Were you able to finish it? I just think it's pretty nerve-y of them to take you through the whooooooole survey and then boot you after you enter your age.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I am not sure if this is still the case but it used to be for OTX you had to enter the age you were going to be for 2009 since it didn't distinguish between people who had a birthday yet and those who didn't. So if you enter your birth year as 1971 on the first page you would need to put 38 as your age even if your birthday isn't until the end of the year. I am not sure if this is why you were booted but I know that is what used to be the case. Can anyone else chime in if this is still a problem with them?
    Sunshine Rewards

3. Join Date
    May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I am not sure if this is still the case but it used to be for OTX you had to enter the age you were going to be for 2009 since it didn't distinguish between people who had a birthday yet and those who didn't. So if you enter your birth year as 1971 on the first page you would need to put 38 as your age even if your birthday isn't until the end of the year. I am not sure if this is why you were booted but I know that is what used to be the case. Can anyone else chime in if this is still a problem with them?
    This is the first time I've ever had this happen at OTX. Usually I put in my birth year and my real age--not the age that I'm going to be in 2009.

i remember those surveys. if you put in your current age it would tell you that you are not telling the truth. is this what is happening when you put in your current age and not how old you will be in 2009?
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
    Were you able to finish it? I just think it's pretty nerve-y of them to take you through the whooooooole survey and then boot you after you enter your age.
    Yes, I believe I completed the survey and was at the end just doing the classification questions.

I thought I asked this question about a month or 2 ago and was told that no one seemed to be having an issue with OTX and ages for awhile now. I guess I'll just go by my birthyear from now on.

Update: Finally completed an OTX!!!
    Last edited by juliokirkland; 03-18-2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

My birthday was just last month, and I was just entering my actual age until the day it changed without having any difference in receiving or not receiving OTX credits. I have just found that OTX is temperamental for me. I have better luck if I start the survey after the top of the hour and finish at least ten minutes before the end of the hour. I also let the coupon/offer page at the end sit open for about 4-5 minutes. It usually works better that way for me, although it is by no means consistent!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

well I just got the age question at the very end of a long drawn out OTX survey and it kicked me out...this hasn't happened in a long time, thought they had fixed the problem, I guess not. It was a long ice cream one if anyone gets this one.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    well I just got the age question at the very end of a long drawn out OTX survey and it kicked me out...this hasn't happened in a long time, thought they had fixed the problem, I guess not. It was a long ice cream one if anyone gets this one.
    I wish I had seen your post before I tried for an otx tonight! The same thing just happened to me, I spent 30 min on it just for it to say "sorry you don't qualify" when I put in my age! And this is after I got booted out of one about alchohol after over 10 min! So more than 40min with all the other pre-survey questions with nothing to show for it! With the trifecta contest, I had been motivated to try otx but I think I will be taking a break for awhile.....grrrr
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

DANG GONE IT!!! I wish I would have read this post too! I just did the ice cream survey and the very last question, after 30 minutes, was to confirm your age. I entered the age I am now and got booted - so I guess we're back to putting the age that you will be in 2009 - even though my birthday is not until December? And, wouldn't that be fraudulently answering the question? So, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

And of course, I'm not eligible for another OTX for 24 hours.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    DANG GONE IT!!! I wish I would have read this post too! I just did the ice cream survey and the very last question, after 30 minutes, was to confirm your age. I entered the age I am now and got booted - so I guess we're back to putting the age that you will be in 2009 - even though my birthday is not until December? And, wouldn't that be fraudulently answering the question? So, darned if you do, darned if you don't.

And of course, I'm not eligible for another OTX for 24 hours.
    I know it's frustrating to say the least but the good news is, I was able to get into another one and finish it...wait about an hour and try again.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES