Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time DDP

Default First time DDP

We haven't been to Disney as many times as most of you have. In fact, we have never eaten at a TS restaurant. We leave the 26th for free dining. I had someone else pick out all our restaurants as I had no idea where to even start. So please, tell me what you think. TIA
    Cape May, Kona, Chef de France, Chef Mickey, Akershurs (Norway Princess), Mama Melrose, Tony's. One request, try not to scare me, just tell me what is good to order or not order, please. I am getting a little nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by jacaluho View Post
    We haven't been to Disney as many times as most of you have. In fact, we have never eaten at a TS restaurant. We leave the 26th for free dining. I had someone else pick out all our restaurants as I had no idea where to even start. So please, tell me what you think. TIA
    Cape May, Kona, Chef de France, Chef Mickey, Akershurs (Norway Princess), Mama Melrose, Tony's. One request, try not to scare me, just tell me what is good to order or not order, please. I am getting a little nervous!
    First off let me say WOOT! Free Dining is the best! I have gone all three years now mostly for the Free Dining! My very first trip I had no clue about TS either, But i read on the dis about this new program call DDP and all you got well WE PAID for the DDP. and it was wonderful, that why we knew the value and see how much Free Dinning saves our family!

The bigest site i could recomend to help you is Allearsnet.com that link will take you right to the dining menues page, they have everything listed and gives you a great idea as to what you would like to order, try, and prices if you were paying or wanted to know!

and now on to your lists! I am assuming they are all Dinners??>

Cape May, I have never been was on my top list to try this trip! this is an ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET DINNER with All American Clambake buffet featuring clams, mussels, BBQ Ribs. This just sounds wonderful I look forward to enjoying this meal!

Kona, Again not one i have been too, but was on my top list to try, I realy enjoyed Ohana next door and the menue and photos i have seen look YUM! my to try on this menue was the Char Crusted Filet Mignon and the pot sticker appy and the sticky wing appy

Chef de France, WOW This was a filling meal, They did not know how to process the DDP when we went and got alot of serves two items for every person. That bill was huge! I had a cheese plater for appy and a steak for dinner and a dessert sampler, now they have the Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts and that sounds just wonderful!

Chef Mickey, This is so much fun, again its another buffet with characters I love eating here we do it every trip and enjoy the photo special purchase as well, I love the micky shaped raviole and the kids bars mickey-roni and cheese, Hey had to try some! and the mashed potatoes WOW!!! so much good food, you will enjoy it!

Akershurs (Norway Princess), I dont know anything about this one sorry!

Mama Melrose, or this one!

Tony's, This was the very first ts meal i ever had at disney, It was a good meal. i had a great opening salad, with a NY Strip Steak, and we orderd every desert on the menue and all shared! It was a good meal, not one we have repeated, at we have so many favorites, and like to try about 50% new places every time

I hope this has helped alittle, again go check out the menues and see what you would like to know more about and what you would like to order it helps, But i never only order what i plan ahead, sometime you walk in and go WOW that looks great i will order that!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Are you going to Norway and Chef Mickey's for B, L, or D?

We did Norway for dinner last trip. I was really nervous I have to admit but we had such a good time and the food was pretty good. There is a "cold" buffet which is mainly appetizers and the likes (veggies/meats) and then hot entrees. I had some meatloaf like dish that was good and I can't remember what BF had but it was "normal" food not anything weird like I was imagining. You should like it and there are lots of princesses to meet.

Chef Mickeys we did as a breakfast on our last day. I really enjoyed breakfast and the mickey waffles. The characters were really good too and came around a few times while we were there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Cape May - We've never been but I have heard good things
    Kona - Breakfast is to DIE for! I preer dinner at 'Ohana
    Chef de France - Good choice
    Chef Mickey - Breakfast (good); Dinner (not so good)
    Akershurs (Norway Princess) - Not our taste so we have never been
    Mama Melrose - We are trying this for the first time in Sept. I think it should be good
    Tony's - I would stay clear of this

Have you thought about trying Boma at AKL? Great breakfast and dinner. It is one of our must do's every trip! I would also recommend 'Ohana for dinner and CP for breakfast. I also think Sci-Fi at MGM is a good choice (alot of fun.)
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

The only one that I've been to off that list is Kona. We went for dinner and loved it. My review is on the dining thread if you want recommendations as to what to order.

It's funny I was just thinking about our trip next month and wondering if I made a mistake by not booking Kona again and booking 'Ohana instead!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

We are doing all dinners. We figure that if we don't like our dinners, we can always get a pizza delievered! I am not too sure about the Akershurs, but we gotta do the princesses!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacaluho View Post
    We are doing all dinners. We figure that if we don't like our dinners, we can always get a pizza delievered! I am not too sure about the Akershurs, but we gotta do the princesses!
    You'll be fine at Akershurs. Have you looked over the menu yet? http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_nor.htm

This is what I had -> Traditional Kjottkaker
    but this looks good too -> Pasta Akershus
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

We really liked Momma's the last two times we've been there. DH really liked the Spicy Italian Sausage pasta dinner. I've had it & it was very good!! I really liked the theme in Momma's.

We've been to Tony's as well. We like it. It's nothing special, but I do like their spinach & artichoke dip! :0) It's a cute restaurant!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

We've done Kona and Chef Mickey's for breakfast and love them both. In fact, we do Chef Mickey's EVERY trip on our first full morning.

Tony's we've done with both great and horrible results. I think it is really hit and miss, once was absolutely fabulous and when we went two years later it was yucky. Maybe you'll hit it at a good time?

We've checked out all the menus. I will be the first to admit, I am just as picky as my DS7 and DD4. (Wonder where they get it?!? ) I think I have found something that everyone will eat at each restaurant. I guess we will hope for the best. I have also told my husband that we need to start planning our next trip because apparently we need to do Chef Mickey's for breakfast!