Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time DDP

Quote Originally Posted by jacaluho View Post
    We've checked out all the menus. I will be the first to admit, I am just as picky as my DS7 and DD4. (Wonder where they get it?!? ) I think I have found something that everyone will eat at each restaurant. I guess we will hope for the best. I have also told my husband that we need to start planning our next trip because apparently we need to do Chef Mickey's for breakfast!

Nothing like chef mickeys' for breakfast, all you can eat mickey waffles, and if the icream bar is not open ask, they will sometimes open it, makes those mickey waffles great with some icecream, and all the toppings, I know not the best breakfast, but its disney! Oh the eggs, pancakes, and everything are very good too.... Now why did i forget too a mickey breakfast this time.. Well mabey i will just have to make my own mickey waffles YUM!!!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I agree with the pp about Chef Mickey. It is an awesome breakfast buffet and lots of fun character interaction too. We did the Askerhaus breakfast, and it was really good interaction with the princesses and good photo ops, but I would only reccomend it if that is what you are going for. The food was disappointing. It was a cold buffet of fresh fruit and danish, meat and cheese. There was also a hot plate brought to the table of eggs bacon sausage and potatoes, which I though was very highly salted and seasoned. We had the DDP, but this meal was OOP and cost $200.00 for our family of 5. When we left the kids were asking when lunch was because they were hungry. They also took photos as we walked in with Princess Aurora and they would not put them on our photo pass, and tried to sell them to us for $40.00 a set. I liked Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace breakfast much beter, but DD4 loved the princesses.
    Most of your other choices I haven't tried, but have heard all good things about them. Our favorite meals of our trip were Coral Reef dinner and Ohana dinner.
    I hope you have a fabulous time , we loved the Poly , it is so beautiful and convienient. I would stay there again in a second, and hope to do so soon!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

I second your experience on the meal in Norway. We did dinner with the Princesses and loved the princess aspect of the meal. The meal itself was not something that I would go back for. The bakery in Norway has some good treats but Akershus's food is not very good.
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards