Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Share your Sunshine Goals

Quote Originally Posted by jgates8 View Post
    My son has set my goal as taking his baby sister (currently a sophomore) to Disney again when she graduates from high school. We'll probably set it for her first college winter break.

We have gone 1 time a year the last 3 years, but 2 of those were due to sweepstakes wins. So the goal is to go again and stay at the Poly - somewhere we have never stayed before. (Have only stayed at one deluxe & that was on a trip win).

On this last trip win the gift cards paid for ALL of our food while we were at the parks!!! Plus some treats. So the goal for the graduation trip is to pay for at least 2 full nights at Poly as well as all the food. As we have $250 already here and another $65 ready to redeem, we should be well past that.
    Oh my, what sweepstakes did you enter?
    Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

I am currently saving for the SR meet in October. I have $140 in GC cashed out and my balance is already at $35 again.
    I am trying for the Trifecta every day.

After the SR meet - my next savings will be for our 2 week trip to Hawaii in October 2010.
    Elaine

Last years trip was the ESPN/Dick's Sporting Goods sweeps. We had barely 2 weeks once we found out before we took off. The judging agency actually totally screwed things up because they booked everyone off-site and only for 4d/3n instead of 6/5. Disney ended up stepping in and fixing everything. We only stayed 4 nites anyway as kids didn't have enough vacation time at work. But they put us up at Beach Club and flew us on airline of choice (we did Midwest). Plus $1500 of Gift Cards to Dicks. It was awesome. Since we were only spending about 2 days at parks due to arrival & departure times I paid to upgrade tickets to non-expiring at check-out on our 5 day passes. Which leads us to the following..........

Last August received notification that I won a single entry per person sweeps from visitflorida.com. It included 4 RT tix on Air Tran, Rental Car (I had to pay taxes on car) and 3 nights at Gaylord Palms & one meal at GP. So we still had our 3 days left from last years trip for the parks! PLUS I had around $300 or so of Disney Gift Cards so we paid for virtually all food on sight. Would have had some left except kids picked the Japanese restaurant one night for supper & that took a BIG bite out of food budget, LOL!!! My most recent $250 gift card that arrived came about a week after we returned from Florida so helped get me anxious to go right away again.

So unfortunately I am probably going to have to pay for the entire next trip...................