Thread: Spring Ahead

Default Spring Ahead

this weekend daylight savings time starts which means having to set your clock 1 hour ahead on sunday at 2 a.m. how will this time change affect otx surveys? the reason i ask is they are on a strict 24 hour schedule and if you set your clock ahead an hour does that mean you have to wait an additional hour to take your sunday survey? i have been taking my otx surveys around 9:15 in the morning so with the time change, do i wait until 10:15 or can i do it at 9:15. any assistance and answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    this weekend daylight savings time starts which means having to set your clock 1 hour ahead on sunday at 2 a.m. how will this time change affect otx surveys? the reason i ask is they are on a strict 24 hour schedule and if you set your clock ahead an hour does that mean you have to wait an additional hour to take your sunday survey? i have been taking my otx surveys around 9:15 in the morning so with the time change, do i wait until 10:15 or can i do it at 9:15. any assistance and answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated.
    Get yourself an extra hour of sleep Marcy and relax....you'll have all day to take them.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Actually, isn't it an hour LESS sleep this time?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

yes it is and that is why i was asking about otx surveys and their 24 hour time limit.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

My suggestion is to go ahead and try at your regular time and if they won't let you then try again an hour later.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Maybe I'm OTX survey dumb, but wouldn't it just tell you that you can't do one until your 24 hours are done...whenever that may be w/the daylight savings change? It's not like it's going to block you out if you try beforehand & you won't be able to do one for (GASP) an entire day...or am I wrong & it will?

Either way I guess I'm feeling gutsy & letting the cards where they may. Afterall, it's FREE money & I'm not going to work myself into a tizzy 4 days beforehand wondering if I'll get my chance to try for my free money or not.

Marcy-you really make me (a self-described worrywort) look calm.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Maybe I'm OTX survey dumb, but wouldn't it just tell you that you can't do one until your 24 hours are done...whenever that may be w/the daylight savings change? It's not like it's going to block you out if you try beforehand & you won't be able to do one for (GASP) an entire day...or am I wrong & it will?
    I was going to say the same thing. I never remember what time I do them, but if I try and it says come back in one hour, then I come back and try again then. I usually have to try a few times anyway if I can get one at all, so I can never remember what time it was when I was actually successful.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post

Either way I guess I'm feeling gutsy & letting the cards where they may. Afterall, it's FREE money & I'm not going to work myself into a tizzy 4 days beforehand wondering if I'll get my chance to try for my free money or not.

Marcy-you really make me (a self-described worrywort) look calm.
    We also need to remember that some people have to visit SR at a certian time of day. Like child's nap time or work break. There may be a reason for someone asking this question other than just being "worried" about it.

If I had to guess, I think it is still 24 hours. I think when you complete the survey, it sets a cookie or marks your email address to shut you out for exactly 24 hours. So you probably do have to take it into account if you always do it at exactly the same time every day.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs