Thread: Survey Trifecta Contest time zone question

Default Survey Trifecta Contest time zone question

I'm curious as to how different time zones will affect the "three in one day" requirement for the trifects contest.

For example, I just completed my last survey at about 9:20 PM PST on 03/06/09. Looking at the way the surveys have been crediting, I think it will actually count as 03/07/09 because it is technically past midnight EST. ETA: It did credit as a survey for 03/07, not 03/06.

Does this mean I only did two surveys for 03/06 even though my day is not technically over yet? If so, I need to edit my entry on the trifecta thread!

Should I just aim to get them all done before midnight EST?

I feel like I'm making this more complicated than it really is, but I'm just curious based on how past surveys have credited (completed before the end of my day, but crediting as the survey for the next day) and I don't want to add a trifecta entry if I'm technically not within the correct time frame.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AuroraBorealis; 03-07-2009 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Survey did credit at 03/07, updated and clarified.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I believe the Survey Companies go by EST, so I would go by that rule. I have seen similar posts before and I'm pretty sure that was the answer. If anyone knows differently, please jump in.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I live in the west coast too and I try to complete all the surveys by 9pm. It kinda sucks to lose the exta 3 hours but on the plus side, you get an early start for the following days surveys. Since I go to bed around 11pm, I like to try for the DS after 9pm and have dh try for an SM too before bed.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the help! I think I'll start trying for all three after 9 PST-- good idea, juliokirkland! (I'm a Washingtonian, too!)

I guess I just got a jump start on trying for the trifecta today!