Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Resort Restaurant?

Default Favorite Resort Restaurant?

I need to figure out one more dinner before I can call on Thursday to make my ADRs and I can't decide. So, I thought I'd bring it to the experts.

What I'd like:
    Needs to be at a resort (it's a non-park day)
    No buffet - DD just doesn't eat enough - I'd love to try O'hana but will save that for another trip
    No character
    No Trails End (I have an ADR for there in a couple of weeks so I'd like something new)
    Something not too stuffy for DS, 12 and DD, 10

I have one in mind but would love to hear suggestions. I already have these "non-park" meals planned (Dinners at TRex, Whispering Canyon, Rainforest at AK, and Boma breakfast)

(oh, and we're not on DP, if that makes a difference)

Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 03-08-2009 at 09:25 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

So many restaurants so little time!

Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Cafe
    Poly - Kona
    Saratoga Springs - Turf Club (personally one of my favorites!)
    Beach/Yacht Club (I never remember which!) - Beaches and Cream (although I don't know if this counts as a table service on DP)

Those would be my top picks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Boy, you sure have a lot of limitations!!

Our favorite is 'Ohana! They'll make your child something other than what they serve the rest of you if that is your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Boy, you sure have a lot of limitations!!

Our favorite is 'Ohana! They'll make your child something other than what they serve the rest of you if that is your concern.
    Nah, they'd eat, just not $60 worth for the two of them. I just think it's wasteful to pay an adult price for them when they're still eating like little kids, especially when there are so many restaurants at WDW that aren't AYCE. I'd love to try it but I think we'll wait for another trip when they're "hungrier".

I'm thinking Kona Cafe - we can see the torch lighting before dinner and then hang out at the resort for the Electrical Water Pageant/Wishes from the beach. Those Kona Kones look fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

I love the kona cafe and also Whispering Canyon for just plain fun, especially with the kids. Beaches and Cream is nice, but it's always so darn crowded that you'll end up waiting even with an ADR.

Sadly my resort favorites are buffet. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Ohana and we also enjoy Boma. But we also like Turfs Club at Saratog Springs Resort.

you may have a hard time finding a great resort dinner without it being a buffet.

Have you thought of maybe Downtown Disney? We like Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich. Both so yummy
    <Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Nah, they'd eat, just not $60 worth for the two of them. I just think it's wasteful to pay an adult price for them when they're still eating like little kids, especially when there are so many restaurants at WDW that aren't AYCE. I'd love to try it but I think we'll wait for another trip when they're "hungrier".

!
    They will not charge you the regular O'hana price if you ask for Chicken Fingers or something like that. Somebody else can verify that I am sure...we haven't done it yet but probably will in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze88 View Post
    I love the kona cafe and also Whispering Canyon for just plain fun, especially with the kids. Beaches and Cream is nice, but it's always so darn crowded that you'll end up waiting even with an ADR.
    Sorry...No ADRs at Beaches and Cream...just get there at an "off time".
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post

I'm thinking Kona Cafe - we can see the torch lighting before dinner and then hang out at the resort for the Electrical Water Pageant/Wishes from the beach. Those Kona Kones look fun!
    Haven't eaten at Kona. I want to try it someday (the coconut almond chicken sounds amazing!), but I just can't get past 'Ohana. FWIW, my kids (9 and 11) eat the heck out of 'Ohana! I think they get their money's worth more than I do. I can't remember what your kids' ages are... are they still eating off the children's menu?

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Whispering Canyon Cafe (WL), 'Ohana (Poly), Kona (Poly), Spoodles (BW), Wolfgang Puck (DTD)....hmmm...that's all I have for you, have fun making ADRs!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Wink

For sit down meals, I'd go for Kona Cafe, Spoodles or Whispering Canyon Cafe. I've also heard good things about Turf Club at SSR and Olivia's at OKW. You may even try of the food courts, like POP Century, they have a great selection there too.

Good luck, isn't planning fun!!???!!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!