Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Resort Restaurant?

Thanks for the tips - I'm gonna bite the bullet and try for O'Hana. I have been on hold so far for 45 minutes and through the same music loop three times. Good thing we have a lot of those antique roll over minutes. Why hasn't Disney put this system online already? Such a PITA just to get a meal.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Thanks for the tips - I'm gonna bite the bullet and try for O'Hana. I have been on hold so far for 45 minutes and through the same music loop three times. Good thing we have a lot of those antique roll over minutes. Why hasn't Disney put this system online already? Such a PITA just to get a meal.
    ETA: After exactly 1 1/2 hours, I have ADRs. I must say, I'm disappointed - we went through the whole list, I got all the times I wanted and then the system got funky and everything went bye-bye. We had to start all over and then some requested times weren't there anymore. But, I got:

Breakfast - Boma

Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern, 50s Prime Time

Dinner - Whispering Canyon, Rose and Crown (dessert during illuminations), Rainforest Cafe at AK, and O'hana (now a little earlier than I had wanted due to system problems - 7:05 instead of 7:30, but I can live with that)

Snack - Sci Fi (this one didn't work out - I had a 4:15 ressie for 4 just to get milkshakes but she didn't have the confirmation number. When the system crashed, my table didn't show up anymore and the only table she could find for the whole day was for 2 people at 5:35. I took it under her advice and she said to call back and try to switch it or just show up and see what they can do. I can't believe all those tables were booked in less than 2 minutes so I'm going to call back later today when my free minutes kick in and see if I can "fix" it)

What a frustrating system for a company of Disney's caliber.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I agree that Disney has some funky systems for reservations and dining. I'm glad I can phone member services toll free because the long distance charges would kill me otherwise.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just called back and couldn't find another time for my SciFi ressie, or a table for 4. So, I figured out another day and the best I could do for a table of 4 was 9:00 pm. I thought that was OK since we're just having milkshakes and can show up a little early if we want.

This time, I got right through, less than 1 minute wait. So, I guess first thing in the morning is insane - unless you have those "hard to book" restaurants, hold off for a couple of hours and you'll be with an operator in no time.

And I thought this was interesting...this operator said that they are not going to be putting the reservation system online. That was a "rumor" put out there by someone else, she claimed. If they did that, she'd be out of a job and was told that wouldn't be happening. So, who knows - it always seems every cast member has a different story.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post

And I thought this was interesting...this operator said that they are not going to be putting the reservation system online. That was a "rumor" put out there by someone else, she claimed. If they did that, she'd be out of a job and was told that wouldn't be happening. So, who knows - it always seems every cast member has a different story.
    I read that somewhere.....maybe the DVC site?? Not sure where it was. It would be great if they could put it online but think of it.......that site would crash constantly with all the traffic.

Sometimes the Cast Members are the last to know what the heck is going on.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards