Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaboom Neverscrub: Honest Feedback

This may be a silly question, but is it safe to use when you have pets? Even though my dogs always have a full bowl of drinking water in the kitchen, they sometimes prefer to drink out of the commode.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think the product does a great job at cleaning the bowl clean but one of our toilets is a "water saving" model. And, I find you have to hold the handle down until the tank is full. But, given the choice of cleaning the toilet or holding down the handle, I'd choose the latter!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by toystoryduo View Post
    This may be a silly question, but is it safe to use when you have pets? Even though my dogs always have a full bowl of drinking water in the kitchen, they sometimes prefer to drink out of the commode.
    I would be interested in knowing this too as our kittens love toilet water!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Ditto. The toilets are my dogs only water bowls. The lab always dumped the water bowl to lay in it. I got tired of constantly cleaning up water and having wet dog in my house.
    I've never wanted to use these things because I wasn't sure if they were safe for the dogs.

Photobucket

They do have some pretty big warning labels on the box and inside...corrosive, causes eye and skin burns, harmful or fatal if swallowed, avoid contact with eyes or skin, do not breathe dust...

I wouldn't have it in the house if I had animals that ever went into the bathroom.

And just by opening the box and looking in there to get the instructions out of it, my face is now itching. Great. Might not work for me. Sigh.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    They do have some pretty big warning labels on the box and inside...corrosive, causes eye and skin burns, harmful or fatal if swallowed, avoid contact with eyes or skin, do not breathe dust...

I wouldn't have it in the house if I had animals that ever went into the bathroom.

And just by opening the box and looking in there to get the instructions out of it, my face is now itching. Great. Might not work for me. Sigh.
    I have 2 dogs and 4 cats in my house and they are always in the bathroom since the cats litter box and their food and water are also in there. Never had a problem, and they sleep on the toilet. Just an FYI, people put chlorine in horse troughs to keep the water free of mold and its not harmful to them. I'm sure its all in propotion to how much water and the size of animals also, and, if you drink water from the city, you can betcha there is chlorine in it, which I'm assuming is one of the main ingredients in this product. And, not only do I use it in my toilet, but my floors are scrubbed daily with clorox water, so I'm sure my animals get quite a dose. While I wouldn't recommend your pet chew on the tablets, I'm sure being in the same room as this is not going to hurt them. Drinking the toilet water (yuk) is a whole different story. For that I say, teach the men in your house to close the lid.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Kaboom is BACK! I just added it as a new offer. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone who hasn't tried it in the past or for new members to see what a great offer this one is!
    Angie

Everyone knows how I feel, if they don't, watch this:

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/video...shine-rewards/
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I tried to do this offer and would you believe that in filling out my address that Alabama is not on the list?????? Is this a typo from Kaboom or does my state not allow me to get free samples??

Never saw the reply...

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Drinking the toilet water (yuk) is a whole different story.
    Isn't that funny; I've never known a dog to NOT drink from the toilet... I wouldn't have imagined it possible to have an animal in a bathroom and NOT dip in. Then again, I've never owned a dog myself as an adult (drinking from the toilet being one of the many issues I have with owning dogs, as much as I like them in passing or when someone else is in charge).

As my own update/opinion:

Keeps the toilet clean easily, but I'm way too allergic to it. They sent us the two packages that everyone else seemed to get with the original offer, and we won't be using the second package. It's not fun to start itching when you walk into the bathroom from the overwhelming smell of the tablet thing and the water with the chemicals in it. I do have a problem when the city increases the chlorine in the water (when the danger alerts go higher they seem to do it), and have to limit shower time and the water I drink from the tap...I can't swim in pools that use chlorine salts (bromine is good)...chlorine does a serious number on my respiratory system...

(the OP did ask for honest opinions!)
    Sunshine Rewards