Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Day Contest

Default Beautiful Day Contest

In conjunction with the Beautiful Day email that is going out right now, we would like to have a little Beautiful Day contest here in the forum.

The rules are simple: Our offers and coupons today focused on beauty on the outside. Our contest is going to focus on beauty on the inside. Post in this thread how someone in your life exhibits true beauty on the inside. One person who posts by 9am Eastern on Monday, August 20 will be randomly chosen to win a $50 Sephora.com gift certificate.

It's that easy! So spread the word and start your posts.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

What a great idea Tricia! This is so easy for me. The person in my life who exhibits true beauty on the inside is my sister, also a SR member who referred me! She is the most giving person I know, giving of herself and her time. She is always there to listen to me and is my best friend!

My mother is the person in my life that has true beauty on the inside. She is the most caring, loving, unselfish person I know.

She had a heart attack a few months ago and her biggest concern was how we all (6 children) were doing. She manages to volunteer at her church in between her doctor visits and cardiac rehab. She has not lost her faith and always looks for the positive in life.

I started a post on the DIS Boards.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post20343389
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 08-17-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

The person in my life who exhibits true inner beauty is my mother-in-law. She works a full-time job and cares for my mentally handicapped SIL. She has so much on her own plate, yet she always thinks of others first and puts their needs before her own. And she does it all with a positive attitude and a kind spirit, never complaining.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

My friend Veronika is beautiful inside and out. She gives her time freely, helping her family and friends whenever they need it. When a friend is pregnant she scours sales for deals, and makes meals for their freezer. When her father fell ill, she made the time to make meals and take care of the house so her mother could be with her dad. At the same time she took her grandmother into her home to free her mother even more. Her grandmother doesn't speak English and is having memory problems and is often isolated. Veronika makes sure she feels included in any gathering and show extreme patience and understanding.
    The first person you want to call with good or bad news is Veronika. She always knows just what to say and is ready to celebrate with you or help you find a solution. I don't know what I would do without her!
    Sunshine Rewards

I am blessed to have many people in my life who are beautiful on the inside

One who comes to mind immediately is my son Max. He is 4 years old and can be a hand full! He has a temper and is stubborn like a mule. But....he is also a good person. He always lets me know that I am the best mommy in the world because I take good care of him, and because I work hard to make money to take him to Disney World.

He starts every day and ends every night with requesting a kiss and hug from me, even when he is in trouble. Every night now he offers to pray for me and then recites his little Guardian Angel prayer, it melts my heart no matter how bad my day has been. And he offers to give me a foot massage

What a great little guy who is beautiful both inside and out!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

My Mother has true beauty within. I strive every day to be as wonderful a Mother to my children, as she was (and continues to be) to us. I also admire her compassion for all of God's children, for whatever and whenever they are in need.
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Both my daughters are beautiful inside, but DD12 comes to mind first. She is a genuinely nice person and very caring. Many times she tells me she has lent this friend or that money so they could get a snack or drink. And, she will go without because she wouldn't have enough money for both of them to get something. On a school trip to the St. Louis Zoo, she lent a girl $20 so she (not even a close friend) could buy a Build a Bear for her little sister. Grace loves BAB and never misses an opportunity to buy one, but she didn't buy one that day because she had lent her money to the girl. There are days I worry about her because she is so tender hearted and giving and I am afraid someone will hurt her, but she makes me very proud.

There are many people in my life that are beautiful inside and out but one that comes to mind is my good friend Kathy. We met her when we were looking for a new babysitter. My oldest daughter was 8 months old and Kathy looked after her as if she were one of her own. She continued to watch my kids as my family grew - 3 daughters - and my youngest just turned 8. She started out as a baby sitter but is now a part of our family.
    Sunshine Rewards

I know a lot of people who are beautiful on the inside. The person who stands out though is my dad. We probably don't normally think of men as beautiful but if anyone is beautiful on the inside, it would be him. This month is his 25th anniversary of joining the fire dept. Not only has he been a volunteer firefighter for 25 years, he is constantly volunteering in other ways. He also works for the school district so he goes above and beyond with helping them out. He volunteers at many community events and also volunteers at our church. He was voted man of the year for our community a few years ago. He is such a great example to me of what it means to constantly give of yourself.
    Sunshine Rewards