Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Day Contest

I am blessed as I would say most of teh people I hang around with are very beatiful people. But the most beautiful person in my life is my husband. He is so amazing with our kids. He loves to spend as much time as he can with them. He also brings home dinner when I don't want to cook, takes me out when I need to get out, is supportive of the things I belong to. he is a great man!
    <Sunshine Rewards

The person in my life who I believe is the most beautiful inside is my mom. She has spent the last year and a half of her life taking care of her parents. She took care of her mother who had a stroke and could not walk, feed herself, or anything. My mother would not allow her to go into a home. She literally gave up her life to take care of her and was holding her hand in MAy when she passed away. She immediately turned her attention to her father, who already had lung cancer. She does everything for him. She wants to make sure the last of his life (just like her mother's) is filled with love. She refuses to leave his side. She is the most beautiful person I know.

This is a hard one for me as I feel I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by beautiful people, but I think the one person who stands out the most for me is my grandmother. She has held our family together through rough times. She's always there for not just me, not just family, but everyone that she knows and loves.

My entire time growing up, I always knew I could go to my "Mamaw" whenever I needed anything from physical items to advice/understanding. When I graduated and realized that living in dorms was going to require me to take out college loans, she deeded me an acre of her land and bought me a house to live in (so I wouldn't have to take those loans). When my grandfather died, she had to be grieving, but it wasn't herself she worried about - it was us children and grandchildren. When I became unexpectedly pregnant, she immediately held my hand and help me tell the rest of my family. As I still wasn't out of college, she provided free babysitting services including providing the diapers, formula, etc that my daughter needed while she was at her house (starting when my daughter was 2 weeks old) so that I could finish college and get my degree. Then when I graduated, she continued this service so that I could work full time and make a life for us. When I suffered through a rough separation, my grandmother was there for every trip to the Sheriff's Department to help me push for justice.

She is the glue that holds our family together. The last few years have thrown some real curve balls at our family as several members turned against each other, many accusations have been thrown out, and while there has been a pretty big division, my grandmother has been there to hold all willing family members together...to give a neutral place to gather and bond.

But it's not just our family that she shows this love and caring side to. She was the activity director at a local nursing home all my life and one day corporate just walked in and told them they'd be closing in less than a month and all the residents and employees would have to find places to go. Not one to think of herself and her now jobless fate, she immediately went out and bought the biggest mobile home she could find, contacted government agencies and set up an adult foster care in her home. By the time the nursing home did close down she was set up and brought 6 of the residents home with her and still cares for the elderly (in addition to now veterans) in her own home so that they can live like family and not in the unpersonal ways of nursing homes. She's now over 70 and still caring for these people...this is a 24/7 job. She has to always be there and availble to them - She can't just leave and go on vacation at a whim...she is glued to her home and these people that she now considers her second family.

I could go on and on about the selflessness of my grandmother. She is such an amazing woman, I just hope that one day, I can even half way measure up to her "amazingness."
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Smile Cousin Louise has inner beauty!

The person in my life that shows true inner beauty is a dear friend and my cousin. Her name is Louise Adkerson. She is in her 70's and has been in poor health for several years yet she is always doing for others. Her faith in God shines through just being around her. (Like a SR glow! )

When my uncle became ill with a brain tumor, she was always there to lend a hand from taking him to appointments, helping us to make sure he was fed, taking him to the grocery store, and keeping him company. When he was getting worse, she offered to have him stay with her at her house (already overcrowded with her sister who she takes care of, her daughter and grandson).

She tended to my uncle selflessly until the evening he passed which was the day my DD was born. He knew he was at her house and it made him happy to be near her. It gave him peace.

She also tended to her nephew by having him move in with her when he was at the end stage of cancer. Some days she could barely breath and was even on oxygen herself, but she made sure he had all he needed until the day he passed. She is our angel on earth!

She called me to make sure I new my dad had fallen and broken a hip (my dad's wife hates me and didn't want me around) and was in the hospital. He had cancer and was not doing well. I was at work that evening working 3rd shift but knew I needed to go to the hospital the next morning although I really dreaded dealing with my step mom and step sisters.

When I got to the hospital, my kids and I prayed before getting out of the van that God would be with us in dealing with the mean people we were about to encounter. My DD looked as we were walking into the hospital and saw Louise's car. I couldn't believe she had came to the hospital knowning my dad hated anyone to do with my mom's family. When we got to the room, sure enough, there was Louise visiting. When we walked in everyone stopped talking and just stared at us. My DD4 ran to Louise and grabbed hold of her hand and my DS8 grabbed her sister Mary and held on to her because of the tension in the room.

I couldn't even have any privacy with my dad. He was on a vent and unable to talk. My DD4 looks up at me and asks why all of the people are staring at us like that. I told her that I guessed they had nothing better to do with their time. It was so uncomfortable trying to see my dad for the last time.

After about 15 minutes, we walked out into the hall where my dad's sister was then talking to Louise. She just looked at me. Louise said, "Aren't you even going to speak to Anna?" My aunt begrudginly said hi. We left and my dad passed a few hours later. My kids still talk about how glad they were to see Louise and Mary that day.

She is very active in my children's life as well. My kids think of her as their other Granny. She is always making things for them and spending time with them. As I said, she is in poor health, but continues to put others above herself. She will have many crowns in heaven!

Sorry...this was not very brief...but I have not even begun to touch all of the things she does for others. I have tears in my eyes as I type this thinking of how she is always there for us and how much we love her.
    Sunshine Rewards

She was born into a family that was already falling apart, a father who drank too much and mother who knew she had to take her child and move on. Her father then wanted nothing to do with her. A new father eventually came in to the picture, an abusive, self centered, egotistical father, that cared about nothing but himself and how the world perceived him. He too was eventually gone, and she was left to be raised along with a sister and a mother that seemed to be working constantly to make ends meet. She didn't drive a bmw like the other kids in school, her parents weren't the elite of the town like the others kids in school, in fact, it was difficult for her mom to even make it to school functions with working so much. Through scoliosis surgery and a back brace that kids laughed at, she still maintained her smile. She worked hard in school,had the lead in plays, and made friends with all her school mates, even the ones that no one else would. She went away to college, but still always had time to come home and always concerned about the family, even made time to come home and wash her mothers hair when she became ill. She took her little sister under her wing and tried to help her make it through college. Always a smile, always nice things to say to and about people, never wanting to ever hurt anyones feelings, no matter how mean they were to her. Shes grown into a hard working, caring mother now. She participates in church, bakes cupcakes for school, has the patience of Jobe with her kids. She works pro bono to protect the rights of children in the middle of divorces. Her financial means have made it possible for her to help others, and she has willingly. She would help anyone who would ask, and puts others before her at any cost. Shes made friends with a group of internet people, and works hard for them so they can have a little extra too. You all have seen her inner beauty and have the fortunate pleasure of knowing this person.....her name is Tricia.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Cindy, that is truly a beautiful statement about your daughter and I doubt she would be the person she is without you. Makes me want to cry and hug both of you.

Aww.. Cindy and Tricia...

Okay... mine would be my Grandpa. He is such a kind and giving person and always helps out anyone. He volunteers at the hospital and has logged over 10,000 hours there. He also drives his aunt to and from the doctor weekly, will offer to babysit for the neighbors (mind you, this is an 80 year old man!), took the newspaper from the curb to the front porch for the lady dow nthe stree who broke her hip for months, etc. The best thing about my grandpa is that he is always there for me. Whether I just need to talk or something more, he has been one of the most influential people in my 22 years.

(Hoping I'm randomly picked Sephora is my weakness! lol)
    Sunshine Rewards

Who in my life shows their beauty on the inside...this is not a hard question, because the answer is simple. three letter name, MOM!. My mother works hard all day at a job where everyone thinks her job is to do there work, she gladly helps out, but is worked to the bone, while others do next to nothing. At home she works to be a refferee, a cook, a maid, a nurse, and more. She pust everyone and everything above herself. As others see her for what more she can give, i see her for what she has already given, and think she has true beauty inside.
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I think the most beautiful person I know is my friend Brandie. She is selfless, positive, funny, giving and a wonderful friend. I love her upbeat attitude and her willingness to always pitch in a hand.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I would have to say the my mother has a beautiful spirit. Even if she is having a bad day she always calls and checks up on you. She always has put others before herself.