Thread: Amazon gift cert delivery problem?

Default Amazon gift cert delivery problem?

I tried to email my brother a $10 Amazon GC Saturday night. I just talked to him and he hasn't received anything. My account says the payment information needs to be modified, but I'm having technical issues with that right now too. Has anybody ever had a problem with this before?

If it makes any difference, the card I was originally trying to use was one of those freebie $10 Visas from an AN7 offer. I've tried putting my Discover in as well and that doesn't work either.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I had something similar happen last week, I couldn't print my sister's Amazon gc. I kept trying and finally called them, they said they would email it to her for me, but I wanted the gc to physically give her. While I was on hold I realized that their link hadn't downloaded properly (the first 3 times!) and did it again, then it finally worked. Then the customer service rep got back to me and said we'll resend the email to print the link. By then I didn't need it, but my point is to call them (well they actually call you, when you request it) they should be able to help you. They can give you the gc number and your brother can just type that in on their site.

It didn't take my card the first couple times and you need to put your card number in again when you print it, not sure if you need to do this if you just want to email it.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the tip. I told my brother I sent him a present, but not what it was. I'm going to try again the next day or two and then see about contacting customer service for help. I wanted to give little brother something as a congratulations present on the new job and to help out a little with the new place in a new city.

Sunshine Rewards

What error message are you getting while changing your payment information?
    Sunshine Rewards

Discover still doesn't work either. I'd still prefer to use the prepaid Visa, but I'll take whatever just to get this sent already! I've used the Discover at least twice on Amazon in the past two months, so I know that works, but not on this one.

Important Message
    We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.
    I just tried running CC cleaner and I'm still getting it.

Here's what it says in my order history.

Open Orders
    Order Status: Your payment revision required View Details
    Order Date: March 14, 2009
    Last edited by mmm611; 03-17-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Sunshine Rewards

The hubster (who works there) says it's a slowness/server problem on their side, and to just keep trying.

As for using the $10 card to buy a $10 GC, it's possible that you can't use it b/c amazon typically does a practice charge of $1 that drops off...but first it's the $1 and then they try to charge the $10, and you don't have $11 on the card.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Molly. I was going to try contacting customer service later, but knowing this, I think I'll just keep trying till it eventually goes through.

I was only trying to use the prepaid card on there since someone else said they use theirs to buy an Amazon GC for themself.

Sunshine Rewards

Glad to try to help. Hubby's in meetings and I'm off to a dental appt for the kidlet, but if it still doesn't work, update this thread and I'll ask hubby to see if there are GC problems later on.

Or just contact customer service; I hear their "have us contact you" service is really good...it wasn't like that when I worked there in customer service!

But emailed GCs should be pretty much instantaneous, and you should get an email that it's been sent (if memory serves), so hopefully it will be resolved quickly and your brother should have his gift!
    Sunshine Rewards

Here's an update. I went ahead and emailed customer service this morning and asked to cancel the order since I saw that was an option. I received a lenthy response when I got home this evening saying they had cancelled it because if a GC purchase has a payment method declined, it will not go through no matter what. They also advised me on contacting my bank to find out why my card was rejected. It didn't seem like a canned response at all. I was really impressed by that.

I went ahead and bought it again this evening and it says it's been sent to my brother. Now I just have to wait for him to tell me he got it and thank me!

I guess I'll have to use that $10 card for something else then. Since it expires next month, I'll probably either pick up a GC somewhere else in the store or go out for dinner some night.

Sunshine Rewards