Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you keep up with offers you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    I have no problem at all with members tracking their own activity. We've included the pending option with dates so that you can monitor what is outstanding in our system and remove it from pending and retry after 30 days. BUT if you'd like to further track what's crediting for you and when and what isn't, that's perfectly acceptable and even admirable if you are keeping detailed records of your effort and earnings.

I do, however, have a problem with the repeating of offers or the completion of offers on multiple sites. This is the type of activity that get credits revoked, offers pulled, and opportunities deminished.

If you choose to repeat uncredited offers here, please ensure you are not trying them again until 30 days from your original attempt has past. If you choose to participate in more than one rewards program, I strongly recommend that you DO keep very detailed records so that your account does not get flagged for fraudulent activity when offers are completed twice or credits are revoked for suspicious offer completions.

Please don't feel scolded. I just wanted to take this opportunity to offer a reminder.
    Hi Angie! No scolding felt. Was just wondering why that was said. I nor anyone else I dont' think was asking of ways to repeat offers unless I missed something (which I can do! LOL). I am trying to track and see how much I actually make in a month and such. How much I spend on offers vs what I make back and such. For me that is strictly what I am trying to find out. The pending thing is great and I use it daily. I usually actually wait about 5 weeks before trying something again.

Thanks for all you guys do!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I believe it was sparked by the comment about having done an offer more than once but not on SR on another site. I believe Angie was just trying to give everyone some friendly advice about the pitfalls of doing more than one site and keeping acurate enough records. There have been people who have not been diligent enough and ended up banned from all of the sites and losing the funds they had earned. I think most people don't understand that the rules require that you not only not repeat offers on each site but over all sites as a whole. Any offers completed on SR can not be completed on any other sites ever. This can sometimes get difficult to track when one site names it one thing and another site names it something else but they are the same offer. It is totally legal to do offers over more than one site but it makes things very difficult on people because the bookkeeping and diligence has to be spot on to prevent overlapping and eventual banning.
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 03-19-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: sorry I thought the comment was yours but it wasn't
    Sunshine Rewards

Sadly, we have had to ban some of our best members before. They were doing too many rewards sites and completing offers on multiple sites. They got greedy when they got away with it a few times. But the advertisers caught them and asked MULTIPLE rewards sites to ban them. A couple of our very first Super Members got caught up in it and lost thousands of dollars across 4 or 5 sites. It was a DISASTER. I would rather lose someone to a different rewards site than have them completing the same offers on my site and another site.

For some of you, this may seem crazy because you can't keep up with one rewards site lest 4 or 5. But there are people who do. And it can get to be bad news for both us and the members because not only do the advertisers ban the members, but they can ban us completely as well.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Sadly, we have had to ban some of our best members before. They were doing too many rewards sites and completing offers on multiple sites. They got greedy when they got away with it a few times. But the advertisers caught them and asked MULTIPLE rewards sites to ban them. A couple of our very first Super Members got caught up in it and lost thousands of dollars across 4 or 5 sites. It was a DISASTER. I would rather lose someone to a different rewards site than have them completing the same offers on my site and another site.

For some of you, this may seem crazy because you can't keep up with one rewards site lest 4 or 5. But there are people who do. And it can get to be bad news for both us and the members because not only do the advertisers ban the members, but they can ban us completely as well.
    Ah ha! Thanks Trish and JNorth. I understand now! LOL duh. I dont' have time to do more than one site so it wasn't clicking! Gotcha now. No problems with that on my end I have enough trouble keeping up with SR let alone another site.

I am true to SR!!!!!

Thanks ladies! Hope that will clear it up for others as well. Makes total sense now. Have a great night!

Sounds like all is cleared up, but I thought I'd share the reason for my response.

Let me preface by saying that I think keeping a spreadsheet or a running list of your activity is a great idea if it helps you and keeps you organized.

In reading the comments in this thread and contemplating the issue myself, I began to consider all of the reasons a member might want/need to keep track. I was quickly reminded that we have had negative impact of poor recording keeping activity in the past, and decided now was a great time to chime in my advice. After reading, what I tried to make a detailed response, I realized that the written word might have sounded like a warning or scolding. I certainly had an attitude of caution but didn't intend to make anyone feel like they had done something wrong.

Thank Janet and Tricia for making sense of my post!
    Angie

Um... Just to 'follow through' on my earlier post, in light of the replies & clarifications that have happened since...

I don't feel scolded, either, tho I'm pretty sure that my post was what set off the replies. I have been doing offers on more than 1 site, but I do read directions, and have understood the rules about this, pretty much all along. (This is why I was embarrassed to discover that I'd done an offer twice.) I try to follow all the rules, because I'm basically a pretty honest person and I see rules as agreements I've made, in joining up. And I actually really appreciate the clarification that folks added, because that's the kind of thing that one doesn't find explained anywhere else.

Please be assured that I'm not trying to get anyone, including SR & myself, into trouble. And I'll be even more careful, from here on, since I now realize the full impact that my bumbling might have caused.

Out of self-defense, I also want to add that when I went back & dug up the info in my muddled records, I had not signed up for the same offer within 30 days of each other, which is frequently named, here on this forum, as an ok way to go about things... unless I've completely misunderstood what has been said.

And I haven't been paid twice for anything, to my knowledge. In fact, I hadn't been paid the 1st time I did the offer, which is why I'd forgotten about it/them. (It has happened twice.)

Thanks, again, 'julie007', for asking your original question, and I apologize if getting answers to your question has been derailed by my reply & the responses that followed. I have no doubt that you'll find a way to accomplish what you set out to do with your record-keeping, and I hope that if others have great ideas to share, they'll continue to post here.

Lastly, thanks to all who have participated ~ this conversation was helpful to me, & I imagine to many who may read it. It's not easy being new and learning the ropes, because there's so much that goes unsaid, unless someone takes the initiative to ask & others take the time to consider the issue from a new person's perspective & give replies that are understandable. I feel like that was accomplished, here, & I hope that other readers do, too.
    Last edited by clickingdiva; 03-21-2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: grammar (sorry it's so long!)
    just another enthusiastic newbie... Favorite smiley that I haven't had an excuse to use: Hey, you unsubscribed lurking 'guests' ~ if, after checking out the site & forum, you're ready to sign up, please consider using somebody's referral id... Like mine! >>> 13448 <<<

Quote Originally Posted by clickingdiva View Post
    Um... Just to 'follow through' on my earlier post, in light of the replies & clarifications that have happened since...

I don't feel scolded, either, tho I'm pretty sure that my post was what set off the replies. I have been doing offers on more than 1 site, but I do read directions, and have understood the rules about this, pretty much all along. (This is why I was embarrassed to discover that I'd done an offer twice.) I try to follow all the rules, because I'm basically a pretty honest person and I see rules as agreements I've made, in joining up. And I actually really appreciate the clarification that folks added, because that's the kind of thing that one doesn't find explained anywhere else.

Please be assured that I'm not trying to get anyone, including SR & myself, into trouble. And I'll be even more careful, from here on, since I now realize the full impact that my bumbling might have caused.

Out of self-defense, I also want to add that when I went back & dug up the info in my muddled records, I had not signed up for the same offer within 30 days of each other, which is frequently named, here on this forum, as an ok way to go about things... unless I've completely misunderstood what has been said.

And I haven't been paid twice for anything, to my knowledge. In fact, I hadn't been paid the 1st time I did the offer, which is why I'd forgotten about it/them. (It has happened twice.)

Thanks, again, 'julie007', for asking your original question, and I apologize if getting answers to your question has been derailed by my reply & the responses that followed. I have no doubt that you'll find a way to accomplish what you set out to do with your record-keeping, and I hope that if others have great ideas to share, they'll continue to post here.

Lastly, thanks to all who have participated ~ this conversation was helpful to me, & I imagine to many who may read it. It's not easy being new and learning the ropes, because there's so much that goes unsaid, unless someone takes the initiative to ask & others take the time to consider the issue from a new person's perspective & give replies that are understandable. I feel like that was accomplished, here, & I hope that other readers do, too.
    Clicking - I think all is good . I am glad I asked the question. My husband is a general contractor and I am very thankful to sites like this that are legit and try so hard to actually help people accomplish things. This moeny is going towards our much needed mini trip on Mother's Day for us to Disney.

I keep up with money things like this to make myself feel a bit of accomplishment. When I say money things I am not talking about other sites. I mean like my drug store rewards and rebates and such. I am a stay at home mother of a three year old and run our business paperwork from the house. It is nice to see the rewards of things like this and be able to show my husband. "Hey look what I did".

So as I am sure in the past there have been people who may have not used a chart in a good way that was not the intention of anyone who has responded here. I never even thought something like that could be accomplished. Too much hassle for me! LOL

Anyway have a great weekend.

And as always thanks SR ladies!

I only do SR, and I've been doing it for about 3 years. I don't keep track anymore. I used to have a little notebook by my computer, but now I just figure, if it credits, it credits, if not, I must already be in their system somehow. I do note on my calendar if I do a trial offer, so i know when the trial date ends. I also keep all emails from shopping orders in my inbox until it pends.

Every once in a GREAT while I will go thru my pend list to see if I can retry any freebies. But I only do this 2-3 times a year.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin