Thread: Shopping With a Gift Card / Certificate

Default Shopping With a Gift Card / Certificate

I received an email gift certificate for my bday & am now ready to use it. It wasn't purchased through SR, but the merchant is available through SR. If I click through SR to use the certificate will anything happen? From what I understand, it's not likely that I'll get SR credit for it. That's ok with me because it's not like I'm spending my own money anyway. But will SR get some sort of credit / bonus points / pat on the back from the merchant at least? And what would happen if I spent more than my gift certificate and used my own $$ to pay for the balance? Would there be a chance of getting credit on the balance?

Just curious before I make this particular purchase!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

There is always a chance you will get credit. It just really depends on the merchant so I would definitely shop through SR and then see what happens and know there is the possibility that it won't credit for you. I know there are some merchants that do credit...like Itunes for sure.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've also bought a few things on SR with gift certificates and have been fortuante enough to receive credit. I figure I don't have anything to lose, and just know that if it doesn't credit, I don't need to go filing a TT because it was probably because of my GC.

give it a try...you've got nothing to lose!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Good advice! I'll try it & cross my fingers!