Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coronado Springs

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    I'm coming from Mobile, and I'm sure if there's a rest area around Destin we'll be stopping there. But, ya know, there actually is a really neat rest area just before Tallahassee that goes way back off the road, and kinda like down a little mountainside. Was really surprised to see that. Didn't know there was any land like that in FL.
    I know the stop you're talking about, I've been there a couple times! Hope you have a great trip.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'm about to start loading up the car. Disney, here I come
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Heading there in May. Let me know about the micro when you get back and how you like it. We have never been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    I'm jealous too, our next trip's not until June. If you've got a 9 hr drive from South AL, you can't be too far from me. You wanna stop by and pick us up in Destin on the way??
    I"m back....Did you feel me waving as we passed by on I10? Mom couldn't hold it til the "really neat rest stop" so we missed that one. But, hey, we got every other one between Mobile and Orlando.

To everyone interested, no, CSR doesn't have microwaves in the rooms but they do have the fridge. I loved the resort - really nice scenery. I took over 100 pics just of the resort. Wasn't favorably impressed with Pepper Market but we only ate breakfast there. I just don't like having to tip someone to bring me a drink. I actually ate bfast in the room but went with Mom while she ate. And no hot chocolate for the refillable cup...what's up with that?

Ate dinner at Whispering Canyon (KETCHUUUUUPPPP), dinner at Chefs de France (saw the new animatronic Remy), Luau at the Poly (yummy food and fine lookin bodies), and bfast at Boma's (good as always).

The Flower Festival was pretty neat but a bit crowded, especially pushing a wheelchair. (I "accidentally" ankled a few people who rudely cut in front of us. Ooops). The Pixie Hollow exhibit was so cute. Got to Soarin at 11 a.m. for Fastpass which had a return time of 5:15. When we got back to ride, there were no more available. Same for Test Track, which is the greatest ride in the World, IMHO.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome Back!! Sounds like you had a great time!! (Esp at the Luau!)

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    I'm jealous too, our next trip's not until June. If you've got a 9 hr drive from South AL, you can't be too far from me. You wanna stop by and pick us up in Destin on the way??
    Oh and I'm jealous that you are in Destin!! My youngest BIL got married in Destin a few yrs ago. We had the time of our lives! Stayed at the AF Base at Ft Walton. Wedding was at a gazebo by a lake with the beach across the street, absoultely beautiful! We've been wanting to get back ever since!
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Umm, yes, had a great time at the Luau. Took lots of pics to show my DD what kind of SonIL I'm expecting of her someday.

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    Umm, yes, had a great time at the Luau. Took lots of pics to show my DD what kind of SonIL I'm expecting of her someday.
    OOohhhh, we need to see what kind of SonIL you're expecting too!!
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

I'll see if I can get the pics loaded today so you can see. But your DD is too young so mine gets 1st pick. Glad DH wasn't there to see me slobbering.

You didn't say anything about the wedding. How did that go? Beautiful I'm sure!
    Liz

Yeah, it was nice and the weather perfect. It was the basic Disney wedding package. Limo picked us up at CSR then took us to the Boardwalk where they got married at "Seabreeze Point". Package included flowers, violinist (playing Disney music, of course), and photographer/album/pictures. Also included a yummy 2 tier cake which was 4 layers of chocolate with strawberry mousse between the layers covered with white fondante (I think that's what it was - very smoothe but rubbery) and silver mickeys and a mickey/minnie cake topper. They also received Mickey and Minnie watches. It was a "Tommy Bahama" wedding (whatever) so females in wedding party had on tropical print sundresses and guys had on tropical print casual shirts, and all had on thong sandals. (Maybe thong undies too but I didn't look).