Thread: Resort reviews/questions

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Default Resort reviews/questions

Thought I would start a new thread about resorts...Maybe we can post here about our favorite resort and others can ask questions if needed.

My favorite is Saratoga Springs Resort (yes DVC but can be booked through CRO also).

It is a quiet resort that looks like the REAL Saratoga Springs, NY. It has different sections - and each have pros and cons. The resort now has a TS - Turf Club - and CS Artist Palette. Both are great! If you need a TS on short notice try the Turf Club - it is new and people haven't discovered it yet.

Buses are great...I have never waited more than 10-15 minutes anywhere. You can walk to DTD or take a boat.

Pools - there is one large one (zero entry) and then each section has a quiet pool. We love the Grandstand pool. It looks just like the racetrack! They show movies there twice a week.

Any questions about my home away from home?

Who's next?
    Sunshine Rewards

My favorite is Wilderness Lodge. Of course, part of it was because we spent so much time in MK with kids in strollers. I liked not having to collapse the strollers when we went on the boat.

The proximity to MK is definitely the biggest plus for me. But I also like the quiet of the DVC pool. It isn't fancy, but if you just want to take a dip, it's nice to have a little more privacy. There are many times when it is completely empty.

Food choices are good---three completely different restaurants--the casual cafeteria, the family friendly all-you-can-eat, and the fancy restaurant. A little something for everyone!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Our favorite so far has been The Boardwalk. We love the Boardwalk at night. It is bustling with people and vendors and the lights and water look beautiful. I really like that you can walk over to Epcot. We also loved the toddler playground and pool. We were the only ones in it most of our trip and the kids loved it. The bakery has some really good desserts and panini sandwiches also.
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have 2 favorites. I love Pop. The decorations and bright colors make me feel like I'm still in the park when I am coming home and when I get up in the morning. There is something about the tacky decorations that scream Disney to me and its the only place you will find stuff like that at a hotel.

My second fav is CBR. I love the theming and the way it looks. I stayed there many eons ago but I remember it well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Our first trip, we stayed at CBR and loved it. Second trip was Pop Century, and hated it but mainly because having a first floor room, they were piping Christmas Carols 24/7 and if I heard Jingle Bells at midnight one more time, I was going to lay down in front of a bus! Then most recently we stayed at AKL and LOOOOOOOOVED it. We could have missed the parks and just spent all our time watching the animals. This November we're staying at POFQ.

We have stayed at POFQ twice now and have loved it both times. We love the small size of it and all the quiet beautiful walking paths. Also enjoy the boat transport to DTD. Busses are great too. First stop to get on but also first stop getting off at night! This is the only pic I have uploaded to photobucket so far from our recent trip. We were upgraded to a water view room. Unfortunately, this pic doesn't show off the beauty of the resort at tll. I'll see if I can post another later.
    [IMG][/IMG]

We also stayed at OKW on our recent trip. We rented DVC pts. and had a studio which was an awesome size! It was nice having the kitchenette too! We did miss the vanity area outside the bathroom, however. Also, we didn't like having so many cars driving around and having to cross the roads to walk anyplace. We much preferred the quiet of POFQ in that respect.
    Sunshine Rewards

Have stayed in several different Disney hotels over the years. I'll just rank mine from least favorite to FAVORITE!

DTD-too far away from everything

Fort Wilderness--actual Pop-Up Camping--loved the whole atmosphere--but not the bathroom facilities at 2am with young children!

POR(twice) Loved the trundle!

CBR(Three times) Kids loved the "beach" and the hammmocks. We loved all the small pools clustered around the buildings.

YC-Loved the whole concept of that area. The walk to EPCOT is minimal and the Boardwalk is great! Forgot to mention the "sandy beach pools" at the YC and BC.

March 2008--BCV---Can't wait for this one!!!

I guess I'd have to say that we love everything DISNEY! My family and some friends don't quite get why we love Disney so much(our spring break vacation is still under wraps--even the kids won't say anything) ---maybe I'll start a thread on that one!!

We generally stay at the Swan when we go because of the walk to Epcot, its so close. We really like it there. It doesn't have all the hussle and bussle of the Dolphin which seems to be more kid friendly. Everytime we have been there we have had the pool to ourselves. The rooms are big and clean and we've always had good service there. Looking forward to it again next month.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

My ultimate Favorite is the Boardwalk....but any DVC resort will do just fine!
    No, I don't have a membership (my best Disney buddy does thou') and I have stayed at Boardwalk Villa's, Beach Club Villa's and Saratoga Springs..all are awesome! I've rented points on numerous occasions and have had great luck with this, although it scares some.
    As far as Disney hotels, I've stayed at the Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian and Caribbean Beach...they are all great, but my heart is with the Boardwalk for it's lovely rooms, lively nightlife and the close proximity to Epcot (my favorite park).
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

We've stayed at all the value resorts at one time or another but now that we go on adults only vacations we will not be staying at any of these anymore but when we did, my favorite value resort was the ASMu. My favorite resort used to be AKL and I've stayed here 9 times since it opened but my favorite resort now is BCV since becoming a DVC member in 2003. I don't even want to try the other DVC resorts because of the Beach Club's closeness to Epcot, which is my favorite park and where we spend most of our days while on vacation!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES