Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did we lose Zappo's???

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Did we also lose Cafepress?
    They went even further. Not only can loyalty sites not list them, even COUPON sites cannot list them. So we still have them on our other sites, but we can't list them on SR.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Yes, Zappos decided that they were not making enough money working with loyalty sites because they were essentially paying for people to shop through them who they figured would shop through them anyway. If you plan on discontinuing shopping through them because of their decision, I would definitely let them know that.
    I definetly will. I hardly shopped them before they were on SR unless they had something I reeeeeaaaaally needed. I could usually find it at Nordstroms or the Walking Company......for more money and not as many sales.

As an aside, we do still have 6pm. And they are part of Zappos.
    Isn't that strange? Didn't they recently become a merchant with us? I've seen the link to Zappo's on their site. Wonder if they will be pulled too. I've bought 2 pairs of shoes from 6pm ......the Sketchers sale and another pair of shoes on closeout. Guess I'll have to check them out further.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I actually only looked/browsed on their shop since they were over here with cash back but I mainly shop at Shoebuy.com. I just started using Shoes.com and between the two I don't think I'll be looking at Zappos unless they come back. A few years ago anytime I needed shoes I would go there first but that has changed thanks to SR.
    I'm glad that works for you Catherine. Finding my size is a big issue for me and Zappo's did have a very big selection. Of course Shoebuy had nearly 1000 pairs of shoes in my size when I looked last night. Most of them were sneakers.

I won't shop at Shoes.com. I had a issue about a credit with them. I'm still smarting for the reversal of the very large credit because I tool advantage of their 110% price guarentee. They looked at it as a return and took the entire credit instead of treating it like a partial return since they still got over $200 of my money.

Sent them an email......they never responded. They could have cared less. They do have one of the brands I like...but I just don't look there anymore.

Shoebuy does have good sales and a better cash back and they did just start carrying a limited supply of the 2 brands of shoes I favor. Hopefully they will increase their inventory in my size. Not many stores carry a large supply of 5- 5 1/2 and 35 European sizes.

I'm sure I will make do.

Think I might go post on facebook.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

They went even further. Not only can loyalty sites not list them, even COUPON sites cannot list them. So we still have them on our other sites, but we can't list them on SR.
    WTF/ Are they, like, on something? Didn't they once give you a coupon code?
    Last edited by Hedy; 03-23-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Honestly, merchants have been messing with us like crazy lately. We get emails pretty much every day lowering our commission rates. Or emails saying that we can't promote both coupons and cash back because they don't make enough money when we do that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of rewards sites (and coupon sites) going under if it continues like this. Some merchants are cutting commissions by as much as 10% without even telling us. We don't find out until we have a member that gets more cash back from us than we got from the merchant.

Most affiliates think that the merchants are being very stupid because they are burning bridges with affiliates in a time when they really need us to promote their products.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Honestly, merchants have been messing with us like crazy lately. We get emails pretty much every day lowering our commission rates. Or emails saying that we can't promote both coupons and cash back because they don't make enough money when we do that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of rewards sites (and coupon sites) going under if it continues like this. Some merchants are cutting commissions by as much as 10% without even telling us. We don't find out until we have a member that gets more cash back from us than we got from the merchant.

Most affiliates think that the merchants are being very stupid because they are burning bridges with affiliates in a time when they really need us to promote their products.
    That's completely the case with me and Zappos-they're always so much more than other shoe sites...
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

That is frustrating Kathy. I wish I knew a good website/place to suggest but I really don't. Mike's mom has the same foot size and he buys her kid sized tennis shoes when she needs new ones but I don't know what they do for other kinds of shoes. I thought about ordering from Cafe Press the other day. Guess I better look around first and see if I can find something somewhere else.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think they are allowing us to stay with 6pm because it is more of their "budget" site. So they want it advertised on coupon sites. We actually know the new affiliate manager for 6pm pretty well. We never did get to know anyone at Zappos.

CafePress fired their affiliate manager. So basically there isn't anyone for us to work with there anymore. Although we do still get quite a few sales through BuyTwilightStuff.com.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Some of the shopping sites on here I never even heard of before sunshine or would have never thought of them to buy a certain item, thanks to this website business's that weren't getting my business are now and I really think companies should rethink the way they are doing things, before they aliennat their customers.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by mjjmbnmm View Post
    Some of the shopping sites on here I never even heard of before sunshine or would have never thought of them to buy a certain item, thanks to this website business's that weren't getting my business are now and I really think companies should rethink the way they are doing things, before they aliennat their customers.
    Ditto!!!! There are some companies I never shopped at until SR and won't shop at them without SR.
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Ditto!!!! There are some companies I never shopped at until SR and won't shop at them without SR.
    I absolutely hate shopping, period. It's truly through SR (LATE 2006) that I started doing shopping on the internet. Yes, it's also a very selfish thing as the credits back are obviously very lucrative for me. I, too, have found some great companies that I buy gifts and supplies from through SR that would still be in the dark and missing my dollars.

I know it's tough out there but it sounds as if some companies are just shooting from the hip without a lot of thought processes happening.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards