Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Star Movies Reviews??

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default All Star Movies Reviews??

Has anyone stayed at ASMovies? We stayed at Pop last trip and loved the resort but we want to try a different one. We were thinking AS Movies. Has anyone been there before? Pros/Cons?
    Sunshine Rewards

We've stayed at Movies several times (three or four I think) and loved it. Of course, we have two young boys so that was our main motivation.

It's big, but no worse than POP. I have to say that I love the bright colors, noise and hustle and bustle that you find at the value resorts. We stayed at the Contemporary one year and were so out of our element!

The Fantasia pool is quite fun and the theming is awesome. I think everytime we stayed we ended up in the Toy Story buildings. No, wait, the last time we went we were in the 101 Dalmatians buildings...right behind Pongo. Or was it Perdida? Either way, we've never had a far walk to the buses or the lobby.

The only downside that I can really think of is that they share buses with the two other All Star resorts. That's really what made us make the move from AS resorts to POP since POP has its own bus.

Enjoy your trip!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks. When I was looking at Mods on the Disney website the first thing I thought was "oh this looks a bit fancy for my disney vacation!" I loved the 2 mods I've stayed at before but there is something about coming back to the values that makes you feel like you are still in the parks. I think its the bright and overly big decorating around there.
    Sunshine Rewards

We have stayed in All Star Movies and really enjoyed it! It is a fun place and DD loved it more than the mods! I would stay there again and probably will!!!

I for all of my trips where we have stayed on site we have only stayed at the movies! That would be three times sofar in 13 days will be #4, we have never had a bad room or bad resort experiance. We have stayed in both mighty ducks wings, and one of the herbie wings, I do prefer the mighty ducks becuase its an equal distance to walk to the movies bus stop or the music, which ment we could choose, when going to the parks, and the best was when returning home, we would get off at the music, and save us some time getting back to our room after a long night, or even take the music or movies bus when returning depending on which would come first when they would run diffrent busses.

The Movies themeing is wonderful. The main Pool is great i love the themeing its amazing. I think the entire themeing of movies is great, but i guess thats because we like disney movies, and really enjoy toy story, 101 dalmations, sororcer mickey, and the rest. The Gift shop has great themeing and having visited the Sports, and music gift shops, I think that the Movies, is best in thememing, stock, and size. The food court is also not that bad, we have never had to wait long usualy no wait to get our food, pay, get our drinks, and sit down! Never had any problems getting seating for a party of 5 plenty of room!

In the end all we truley required was a bed, a bathroom, and some AC! and we got all that and more from the values, we get the disney magic, and its not the same disney magic i get when i visit some of the deluxe resorts. I love the value disney magic!

I hope this added review will help you in your planning.
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

We stayed there last August and loved it! We were in the toy story section, very short walk to the food court and main building. Our room was right in front of RC (the remote control car from toy story). The theming is great and we walked around one afternoon, just taking pictures of everything. We are going to stay in Music next time in one of the suites since my daughter will be over 3 then, otherwise, I would probably stay here again. Sharing busses did not bother us. Sometime we got our own because it was August, so the crowds were higher. We were just happy to be on Vacation in Disney!
    Michelle

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MKelley226 View Post
    We stayed there last August and loved it! We were in the toy story section, very short walk to the food court and main building. Our room was right in front of RC (the remote control car from toy story). The theming is great and we walked around one afternoon, just taking pictures of everything. We are going to stay in Music next time in one of the suites since my daughter will be over 3 then, otherwise, I would probably stay here again. Sharing busses did not bother us. Sometime we got our own because it was August, so the crowds were higher. We were just happy to be on Vacation in Disney!
    Just a thought But i think that 2 value rooms are still cheaper then the value suites, and you do get the second bathroom in two rooms! Just an idea to consider! I know its more hassle to book two rooms and all since thats what we do with 5 of us, but the rooms connecting! and the added bathroom are very handy when getting ready in the morning, the kitchenette would be nice, but bathroom wins over that any day!
    -NOn DisBoards

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Just a thought But i think that 2 value rooms are still cheaper then the value suites, and you do get the second bathroom in two rooms! Just an idea to consider! I know its more hassle to book two rooms and all since thats what we do with 5 of us, but the rooms connecting! and the added bathroom are very handy when getting ready in the morning, the kitchenette would be nice, but bathroom wins over that any day!
    That's what we found when we went in January. Thought about the suites, but they ended getting 2 value rooms, and that worked out well for us!! We've stayed at ASMovies 3 times, and will be staying there again next year on our trip. Been in Dalmations 2 times and Toy Story once. Love getting lots of pics with the kids and the big statues!!! The rooms are pretty small, at least for 4-5 people like we usually have, but we figure since we spend minimal time in the hotel, we'd rather soend our money on other things than a bigger/fancier room. Though my all-time fav room was pre-kids - the Poly, with a room that looked out at the castle. We sat on the little deck and watched the fireworks.......super romantic!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    That's what we found when we went in January. Thought about the suites, but they ended getting 2 value rooms, and that worked out well for us!! We've stayed at ASMovies 3 times, and will be staying there again next year on our trip. Been in Dalmations 2 times and Toy Story once. Love getting lots of pics with the kids and the big statues!!! The rooms are pretty small, at least for 4-5 people like we usually have, but we figure since we spend minimal time in the hotel, we'd rather soend our money on other things than a bigger/fancier room. Though my all-time fav room was pre-kids - the Poly, with a room that looked out at the castle. We sat on the little deck and watched the fireworks.......super romantic!!
    Yeah I am just the same way less on the room we are not there but to sleep anyways and spend more on longer trips! They do get tight with 4-5 people in a room but we manage to spread out and fully use both rooms we have had both connecting and adjecent and both have worked well!
    That room at the poly sounds nice! Mabey some day i will spend a nigth or two at some of the nice resorts, that i have on my must see/stay list, but that is for the furture, Now its All steam ahead for another trip back to the Movies! Lights Cameras Action!!!!!!
    -NOn DisBoards

That is my dream to stay at the Poly, just the hubster & I for an anniversary trip...maybe for our 20th. Our 10th is in 2 years and that is when we plan on going back to the world to celebrate with the kiddos.
    Michelle

Sunshine Rewards