Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone use SR to book hotel? Advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Can't speak for Priceline, but I never get credit from hotels.com until AFTER my stay, not right after my booking. I'm wondering if that would be the same for them?
    Wow, thanks for the reply. With hotels.com, is your credit card charged at time of booking, or time of stay? For some reason I thought that if my credit card was charged at time of booking, I'd be paid right away. Thanks again.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by RDGCJK View Post
    Wow, thanks for the reply. With hotels.com, is your credit card charged at time of booking, or time of stay? For some reason I thought that if my credit card was charged at time of booking, I'd be paid right away. Thanks again.
    I"m pretty sure my CC is charged right away with hotels.com.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I"m pretty sure my CC is charged right away with hotels.com.
    Wow, thanks for the info. I had no idea it worked this way. I'll be waiting until almost June! LOL

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by RDGCJK View Post
    Wow, thanks for the info. I had no idea it worked this way. I'll be waiting until almost June! LOL
    I've booked as much as 6 months in advance. However, the credit always arrives within a few days to 4 weeks after the stay. I had to file a TT for the latter instance, but eventually got credit. After my last trip in January, I had my credit twelve days after my stay.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I like travelocity. I used them before I came to sunshine rewards for many trips and have used it 2x since becoming a sunshine rewards member and it has worked great.

With Hotels, they charge right then, but you can cancel. With hotwire, priceline, etc, there's NO cancelling, so they can "afford" to credit you right then (our two hotwire bookings, hotel and rental car, credited very quickly, then again, we used them only days before our trip anyway). With hotels they can't. (had to cancel the hotels dot com stay to make way for our hotwire stay...when motel6 and the hilton are the same price, you go with the hilton, LOL)
    Sunshine Rewards