Thread: Just a newbie Q regarding DS and Twocents credits

Default Just a newbie Q regarding DS and Twocents credits

Hi,

I'm relatively new, so forgive me if this question sounds stupid, but as I've noticed that the DS and the TwoCents are both from GF, do both surveys credit at the same time? I did 2 surveys each (total of 4) over the weekend, and on Monday got credits for DS, but not for the latter. I assumed they would credit at the same time, but I guess not. It's Tuesday now, and the remaining credits haven't come in, so just curious to know if they're just delayed or lost.

Thanks!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

The Daily Survey is through GF directly and tracks by user id. This means that it is not really related to your cookies and as such it credits the next business day. Usually by 9:30 EST but sometimes at 12:30 and occasionally later.

The Your Two Cents is through a different company and tracks through cookies. It credits usually on the next hour but sometimes can take two. You will need to do your DS first each day and once you get the congrats page for it you can clear your cookies. I find using the program CCleaner the easiest way but you can do it any way that works for you. Once you have cleared cookies you can do the YTC survey and it should credit on the hour or the next.

I hope this answered your questions. If not please feel free to ask away!

eta: Weekend DS's credit on Monday unless it is a holiday. You have to clear cookies between the DS and the YTC in order for the YTC to credit.
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 03-24-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks. That does help. In the past, I never really cleared my cookies, and noticed some credits never came in.

That does lead me to another question about cookie clearing. I've heard about CCleaner, but isn't it simple and easy to just clear cookies in the browser tool options? What's the benefit of getting a program?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
    Thanks. That does help. In the past, I never really cleared my cookies, and noticed some credits never came in.

That does lead me to another question about cookie clearing. I've heard about CCleaner, but isn't it simple and easy to just clear cookies in the browser tool options? What's the benefit of getting a program?
    You can clear cookies through browser tools, and that is what I did for a long time. I wondered sometimes, though, why I would go to a website and it would still "remember" me even though I had cleared cookies - it might show my e-mail address or login ID, or maybe something was still in a shopping cart or showed up as "recently viewed". I've found CCleaner (which is a free download) to clear "deep cookies". After I run CCleaner, it is as if I have never been to a website before. I don't run it every day, but I do run it a few times a week.

One other thought about clearing cookies, but I don't want to be confusing. I clear my cookies in the morning if I have gotten a Your 2 Cents or OTX survey the previous day, or if I plan to do some shopping. I don't clear between the daily survey and the Your 2 Cents, but I DO make sure to clear between a Your 2 Cents or OTX from one day to the next. I have always gotten credit. If your computer "knows" you have gotten credit for Y2C or OTX, you won't get another one until you clear cookies.

Hope that helps some! Welcome to the forum!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I just clear mine with the browser option. I found that the ccleaner didn't make any difference and having it installed slowed my computer down.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    I just clear mine with the browser option. I found that the ccleaner didn't make any difference and having it installed slowed my computer down.
    Ditto. DH is a programmer by trade (and I to in my former "life") and I've found the "extra" cleaners make no difference FOR US. Now it may for some, but we have our virus softwares etc set probably differently as we're much more comfortable with allowing our computers to be "set" a certain way. (If this makes any sense). I clear cookies first thing in the morning by just using my browser tools function and 99.9% of the time have no problems. if I do have a crediting issue it's usually bc everyone is having the same problem, or an update ran and I didnt' check my settings.

It's a good practice NORMALLY to clear cookies once a week if you weren't doing rewards/SR anyway. It helps keep your system running faster and it clears out some of the security (bank, credit card) info that you may have stored.
    Sunshine Rewards