Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharing My Sunshine

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I first joined when our family planned our first every trip to Disney. I was hoping an extra $100 for souviners for the kids would be all. Three months later and $450 in gift cards we had a blast and did some extras and bought some things that we wouldn't have done without SR.
    While that is an AWESOME feeling, what's even more awesome is the friends I've made here. I come to check in everyday bc there are people here that I care what happens to them on a daily basis. I say prayers for those who need them and get excited for those who have great news or little brags to pass along. SR has an awesome site that I dont' think anyone thought in the beginning could turn out like it has 3 yrs later.

While I dont' have anything particular in mind for my SR earnings I'm cashing out and putting it "away". I want to go to Disney again but want to wait and make sure DH's job is secure and the economy comes back a little. I'm just thankful that I do have that "cushion" of earnings to use for whatever I need to if the time comes.

Thank you SR!
    Sunshine Rewards

i am so thankful i found SR-i wouldn't be in a position to go to wdw this year without it. i've earned $450.00 in disney gc and have almost $200.00 more, which should pay for all of our vacation meals. so thank you, tricia, kevin, cindy, miss angie, and everyone who works behind the scenes to make SR possible for all of us!

What a wonderful and beautiful thread! What can I say that hasn't already been said. I simply love SR and the beautiful people that I actually consider my friends. If I never earned a dime I would still consider myself blessed just by being in the company of such warm, caring and loving people!

I have earned quite a lot, though! And I've been blessed enough to be able to enjoy my earnings the way that would be pleasing unto me (thanks, honey for being such a wonderful provider).

My first few cashouts ( Walmart GC's), I went crazy buying myself goodies to make me feel better at my favorite store: Walmart.

But my best cashout was last Summer for Paypal for a special and much needed trip for DH and me. Although, I've cashed out many times before for GC's and never had problems receiving them, cash money sounded to good to be true.

I was blown away when I received notification that 500.00 cash had been deposited into my account via Paypal from none other than, that's right, Sunshine Rewards.

Now, I've always been a splurger. I live in the moment and believe that tomorrow isn't promised, so I don't deny myself of anything that I want! But I can honestly say that I would have never spent 500.00 so friviously.

DH and I had a Couple's Massage at the Bellagio Hotel. I bought jumbo chocolate dipped strawberries as huge as my fist. Many, many, virgin Strawberry Daquaris and a number of other wonderful little extra's. It just felt so good to be able to contribute to the cause! I was smiling and felt extremely proud every time I pulled out my Prepaid Visa Card.

I'm looking forward to doing it again this Summer. I've cashed out for another 450 (could have been 5oo.00, but I left a little bit in my account for returns).

I currently have over 100.00 now in my account and hoping to make another 350.00 before our July vacation this year. I can't wait to see DH's face beam with pride just because he'll know the joy I will be feeling on the inside.

Tricia and the rest of the crew, thanks! You've created something special here, and I hope that God continues to pour you out Blessings that you want even have room for!

Keep Spreading the Sunshine!
    Sunshine Rewards

When I first started with SR last May, I was hoping to earn disney spending money for my 2 kids for our August trip. At first my goal was $20, then it became $50, then $100. By the time our trip rolled around, I had cashed out $150 in disney gift cards and $20 disney dollars. It was a fabulous 1st trip to disneyworld for my family made all the more affordable with free dining and bonus spending $$ from SR.

When we got back, my new earning were earmarked for bouncback free dining '09. With the economy the way it is, we decided to scale back and head instead to DL. I just cashed out for my first $500 disney gift card and that is earmarked for upgrading our citypasses into APs so we can come back to DL in 2010. Anything earned between now and July will go into paying for gas to get down there and back. Thanks SR!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, it doesn't seem like there is anything I can really say that hasn't already been said!!

being a part of SR has provided our family with a few GC's to stores and such that I was able to use for everyday things....until I became addicted to Disney! We went on our second trip to Disneyworld in 2007, and we couldn't have done it without SR. Our giftcards covered many of our meals for the portion of our trip that we did not have the dining plan. We were able to stay 4 days longer because of this!

Now we are looking at (still undecided about) a trip this July. We can only even consider it because of SR. If I were to cash out now, I would have a total of $425 that I can use toward our meals, and although I am a pretty slow earner, I know there would be at least another $25 before then...that is such a help in these financial times!

I am actually very thankful for my Disney addiction, because it led me to the Disboards, which led me to Tricia and SR, which has really changed my life...REALLY!! Now whenever I shop I check here first. If it's something I don't need that day, I try to buy it through here, even if I only earn a few cents back. I'm not a big shopper, but I do always check here when there is something I am looking for.

I tell everybody I meet about how wonderful SR is, and it astounds me how I STILL don't have any referrals after all this time. I guess I have a lot of ver skeptical friends and acquaintences.

I also think the bods developed here on the boards have been very important. My dd often asks me "are you proaying for anyone on SR today?" Even when I don't post in the threads due to time constraints or whatever, please rest assured that I keep all of you in my prayers!

I love this site and the people here, and I so thank Tricia, Cindy, Angie, and Kevin for keeping everything so honest and enjoyable here!!!

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have used my Sunshine earnings in a ton of different ways. I first started in July of 2006 and just wanted a few Disney dollars for food/drinks/souvinears at Disney. I think on that first trip for Mike and I together I brought $50 from SR.

Later that year with no real plans to go back to Disney, I used my earnings for Christmas presents which was great! My parents had helped me so much in college and then in moving over to Houston that I wanted to make sure they had nice gifts so I did paypal and used the money towards a Coach handbag and a Digital Camera for my parents. They use those things all the time and I always think back to my SR earnings

In February 2007, Mike and I decided we wanted to go to Disney again so I started slowly earning gift cards. I earned and earned and made enough to pay for a large chunk of our September 2008 trip. I actually have some left over on a gift card for the next trip.

Right now I'm back to paypal because I'm using my earnings to help fund our honeymoon. So far I've earned enough to pay for 2 of our excursions which is awesome. Those excursions were things I did not originally budget for when coming up with this trip and almost broke the budget. I am hoping that I can get back on the survey wagon and do my 2-3 surveys a day and pay for the last 2 excursions we need to book.

After that it is back to Disney gift cards for our September 2010 trip (fingers crossed).

Thanks SR for touching my life in so many different ways. The memories and the items I've used my earnings on continue to give everyday.
    Sunshine Rewards

I first joined SR with the hope of maybe earning enough for some extra on my December 07 WDW trip. After earning enough to cover food and MVMCP, I started saving for my August 08 weekend, which i'm not sure I would have been able to fathom without SR. I paid for all my food and hotel costs for my December Vegas trip through SR, now I'm saving up for the SR meet.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I Just used giftcards to pay for my Disneyworld trip down payment!!

Thanks SR!
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have been reading instead of posting but now it is time to post. I have made over $1500 on Sunshine. Up until recently I have been cashing out for disney gift cards and last year while my husband was interviewing in Southern CA I would go with him and play in the parks for free. I would take a $100 gift card in and have a blast buying pins and all kinds of things. Well things have gotten a lot harder for our family and with a baby coming I decided I could make a impact in this baby's life by earning for him. So the first step was to take the money I would have cashed out for a disney gift card and bought a crib off of craigslist that I loved. I just requested the $150 cash out for that. Now I am earning towards another piece of furniture. Earning takes longer because I can't shop like I want and I don't have a lot of free time. But I still earn. And I spread the word every chance I get for sure. I have been a member of a lot of rewards sites and on one is willing to send mer a personal email when I have a question. No matter the size they are still a family owned business that does a killer job.

Keep up the good work!