Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharing My Sunshine

Default Sharing My Sunshine

It's time for another one of these threads. Things have been tough all over and I know the SR gang has been working extra hard to keep giving us offers and new merchants. I just read (in the Bonus Debate thread) a post where Cindy was able to enjoy the impact her job had on a family that was able to travel to WDW because of their SR earnings...so it inspired me to take a minute and share what Sunshine has enabled me to do for my family. I welcome everyone to chime in with their SR story.

I use my SR earnings solely for Disney. I don't think I've even cashed out for anything other than a Disney giftcard. There are plenty of options that entice me, but Disney motivates me the most. I squirrel away my earnings and have so far taken $300 on one trip to WDW in Sep '07 and I'll have another $800 (and more, hopefully!) for our Disney cruise in August.

Thanks to SR, during my Sep '07 trip, I was able to take my two little girls to enjoy a princess makeover at the (then) newly opened Magic Kingdom castle location of the BBB. I made it a surprise for them - only DH knew about it - and they were SHOCKED because I don't normally splurge on fancy expensive things like that. We're very frugal and they've grown up in a house knowing that things are paid with cash and we only enjoy luxuries after we've worked REALLY hard to earn them free and clear. Thanks to SR, I was able to provide this surprise luxury for them. Otherwise, I truly couldn't have justified spending over $100 on something like that. So thank you SR. We purchased several souvenirs we otherwise wouldn't have, thanks to my remaining SR earnings.

Now for the cruise. From the minute they announced the creation of DCL (not the Big Red Boat), I wanted to take my children on a Disney cruise. The funny part is, I didn't HAVE children yet! But I was prepared to take them! Details, details... I've been saving for our August cruise for two years. My DH and I made the really REALLY painful decision to take a year off from vacationing at WDW in 2008 so we could justify the expense of our 2009 DCL cruise. But the reality is...one DCL cruise is still more than the two WDW vacations we would have taken, so I've had to depend on my SR earnings to soften the expense. My Mom (Spring) has decided to join us and has managed to earn enough here on Sunshine to pay for her ENTIRE cruise fare. Every last dime...and then some. I too have earned more than I initially budgeted to earn, and since we got an amazing deal on airfare that forces () us to fly home the day after our cruise ends, we made the decision to spend a night at WDW (like you had to twist my arm, LOL!) and because it's just the one night, Mom, DH and I decided a tower room at the Contemporary with a Magic Kingdom view was truly the only way to go. I could never justify staying there for an entire week, but since it's one night and since we've earned WAY more on Sunshine this year than we initially projected, we're going to splurge...again.

So there you have it...how SR has made a difference in my family's life. Without SR, there wouldn't be a 7 night cruise and a room at the Contemporary afterward. My kids would still be happy well adjusted little people, but they're also the type of kiddos that really appreciate life's little luxuries...I can't wait to share this family vacation with them.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Last edited by jl8595; 03-27-2009 at 05:43 PM. Reason: fix word
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I have to agree with everything you stated, Lori but for me I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to go on vacations twice per year, whether it be Disney or a cruise, I am truly blessed to be able to say that. Now in my case since I haven't worked since my son was born going on 28 years now, yeah I know I'm very lucky there too, I feel a little better that I can at least contribute to the expense in my own little way with what I earn from SR. It makes me feel really proud that I'm able to do this, even though it's not a necessity for me, I am able to pay for all our food while at Disney, I just love whipping out that GC when it's time to pay. I'm taking $1000 with me in my upcoming Oct. trip, that's a lot of Food & Wine!!

Thank you Sunshine Rewards for giving all of us the opportunities that you do.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Well, not being a Disney goer, I don't have stories about we have been able to go to Disney because of SR - but I have appreciated all the gift cards, especially for WalMart, because it has helped with many extra things that I have wanted/needed to get there (since it seems to be my main shopping place here!). I also have enjoyed gift cards from Home Depot, as that helped with a home improvement project we needed to do.
    So, nothing magical, but just some ordinary, everyday help that has been much appreciated. Thanks!!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

I think this is the BEST thread ever and I'd like to share just some of my too! First I'd like to thank my sister, Mama O for referring me to SR and helping me so much to learn the ropes. Not only is she my SR pal, she's my best friend!

Next, I'd like to thank Tricia, Cindy, Angie and Kevin for working so hard for us each day. Each of you truly makes a big difference in our lives and I appreciate each one of you for all that you do. I am very proud to be a member of SR because of the honest business that you run. I consider SR to be my part time job.

We are very blessed that DH and I still have our jobs in such a tight and difficult economy. This past Christmas some of what I earned on SR helped to pay for the gifts we purchased for our children and grandchildren. We don't have a Disney vacation planned at the moment, but my goal is that the next time we do go to Disney we will be able to pay for it all, or at least the majority of our trip with my earnings from SR. I think that's pretty awesome and without SR that just wouldn't be possible.

So, once again, thank you Sunshine Rewards for all that you are and all that you do!

I to am a hug Disney fan all my cash outs are for Disney GC last year we went to Disney twice once with my family and I was able to use my cash out for MNSSHP tickets for myself, DH and 2 DS. The major part of my cash out though enable me to pay for my in-laws to come up (from Sarasota area) and stay at Disney with us for 3 nights we did the MVMCP and had a great time as an early holiday present. With my earning I was able to pay for there room, tickets, MVMCP (for all of us) and a good portion of the food. It was great as my DH and I can't take off anytime after the 15th of December as this is our busiest time of year at work. Yes we can always visit my in-laws in FL but being able to have memories of the time the spent with my two little boy's it just priceless. Thanks SR for such a great site.
    Michele
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I am another Disney nut! I have cashed out exclusively for Disney Gift Cards. I first joined Sunshine in May 2007 shortly after booking a very budget trip to Los Angeles. We had gotten airfare for our family of 5 for less than $250 total - all 5 of us. I wanted to go to Disney for one day. I worked very hard at SR and had $400 in gift cards to take with us. That was so much fun to spend. It allowed us to have all the extras I normally would not have done. It was wonderful!!!

I have continued with SR since the trip, but had not determined when/if we would go to WDW. I cashed out once for $250 Disney Cards. We started seriously talking about going in Sept. '09. I booked our trip in February and cashed out for $500. I am a SAHM. I feel like I am helping our family afford this trip. I am trying to do as much as possible through SR to help boost my earnings. Money is tight and I do not do much shopping, but do all the surveys and offers I can.

I can say, if it weren't for Sunshine Rewards, this family could not afford to go to Disney this year. My kids are 11, 8, and 7 and have never been to Disney World. This is HUGE for our family. They are so, so, so excited - and I am too!

Thanks SR! You have added so much joy to our family!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

As my DD (jl8595) Lori stated in her post, I have been working really hard to pay for my share of the Disney Cruise in August. I have already earned enough to pay it in full, plus all but $150 of my share of the room at the Contemporary. Since DH is not joining us (he has animal duty, lol), I felt that I wanted to earn my share without impacting our family finances. We're not going until August, so I'm fully hoping to get that $150. I think it is very do-able.

I like Disney, but there are so many places I want to go to in the world that I tend not to think of Disney as my first choice vacation. However, nothing can replace me seeing the shining eyes of my granddaughters while they share in all the magic. I've been on many cruises. This is their first one. I can't wait to see it all through their eyes! It's little things like that in life that are priceless.

My DD got me hooked on Sunshine Rewards in August 2007 and I've never looked back. I have been very impressed by the honesty of the owner and staff, and have enjoyed being part of the "Sunshine Mafia." I've had the pleasure of meeting both Cindy and Angie and some of my New England buddies at a SR meet in Boston last Summer. I think it's safe to say that we all had a blast! We were all total strangers who, through this site, really weren't strangers at all. It takes a special site and special people to get that kind of cameraderie. Thank you, Tricia, Kevin, Cindy and Angie for making this site so special.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I have done a lot in the last two years with my SR money. I made about 1000.00 in those two years. I was mostly saving for Disney but would cash out for things we needed along the way. Once we were going on a vacation and I knew my husband would want to golf there. So I used some of my cash to allow him to golf as much as his heart desired. Another time I cahsed out for gift cards like starbucks and wendys so I could surprise hubby with treats. But most of my money went to WDW in January. I handed over a ton of Disney GC. The young lady taking them was very good about it but I could tell she was shocked. I told her I earned them here. Those went to paying for our DDP!!!

I am now earning with no goal!!!! I have been cashing out through Paypal and putting it aside. It will either go to Christmas this year or I may try to save up for a secret WDW trip! I am not good at secrets though!

I know times are tough in teh incentive world but I do appreciate the work SR has put into setting themselves apart from the other sites. THANK YOU
    <Sunshine Rewards

Last summer, SR helped me to pay for an awesome trip I took with my kids to Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. Using the gift cards I earned through here I was able to pay for a deep sea fishing excursion. The memories of my kids pulling sharks out of the water is one that will stay with me forever.

Lately though, my DH has been out of work almost 18 months now. During this time, our kids had various activities they still wanted to participate in. I have used my earning to cover most of the cost of my son's hockey team & equipment this year. Anyone whose child plays hockey knows how expensive it can be. Now that the season is over, my older DS14 is heading to the FL Keys in August to SeaBase with the Boy Scouts. Guess where the money for that is coming from? Yep, SR.

One other thing I want to mention. I have only been doing this since maybe January, 2008 and if you look at my signature, you'll see that I've made quite a bit of money. Even though I signed up for SR way back when (like member #237 LOL), it wasn't until then that I finally figured out how it all worked.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the program run through here. Without it, I know my family would have had to sacrifice even more than they have already given up. And.......these forums have been a wealth of information and I know without them, I wouldn't be able to say I've made as much as I have. So, not only thank you to SR but thanks to all who have shared their experiences right here too.

Last edited by piglet-for-me; 03-27-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Another Disney nut here! Because of SR, last summer my DD and I were able to purchase our tickets for a week at Disney. It was a most memorable trip and definitely one that I will hold dear to my heart.

This year, I am saving for the SR Disney Meet in Oct. I will be able to purchase my tickets, plus MNSSHP if we decide to go, and if I reach my goal, still have left over for lots of food and wine (or beer)!!

I can't say enough great things about this site! I joined on a whim along with other survey and rewards sites and it didn't take me long to figure out that this was the place to be. I ditched the others and SR became the one and only for me. The members here are the best! I was a bit nervous about joining the forum, but once I did, I was welcomed with open arms. I have come in contact with some wonderful people all across the States and Canada. I wish I could meet you all!

And the Sunshine Team! I would be really hard pressed to find another group of people more dedicated to their work than these wonderful people! I hope that no matter what you all know what an impact and difference you make in all our lives! Tricia, Kevin, Cindy and Angie I thank you from the bottom of my heart for SR!! I can't wait to be able to thank you in person in October, and it will all be due to you!! SR Rocks!!
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.