Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alert: extra charge on my phone bill

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default Alert: extra charge on my phone bill

I noticed an extra charge this morning on my home phone bill from MYTELEBILL VOICE MESSAGE MONTHLY FEE for $8.48. I called my phone company and they removed it this time but said if it's a monthly fee that they will not be able to keep removing it and I need to call this company...well I tried calling the number for them that is listed on my bill as MYTELEBILL, LLC # Questions? Call 1 800 736-7500 but I get a recording that says...can't complete number as dialed after they automatically tried connecting me. My phone company said it is from clicking on a pop up on my computer....it definitely had to be from doing some offer on SR but I have no idea which one it was? I'm very, very careful when doing these, so this one is a very sneaky charge. Go check your bills everyone. No idea if I will be able to get this resolved or not and it makes be very leery of wanting to do offers.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I posted about having something similar happen a couple of months ago. You can't get it just by clicking on a popup, but you do have to be VERY careful on any page that you give your phone number. I think where they must be getting them is when you put in your phone number and then a couple of pages later click a box to "receive information" about something.

I've mentioned before that I am not too keen on the freebie offers because of things like this.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I posted about having something similar happen a couple of months ago. You can't get it just by clicking on a popup, but you do have to be VERY careful on any page that you give your phone number. I think where they must be getting them is when you put in your phone number and then a couple of pages later click a box to "receive information" about something.

I've mentioned before that I am not too keen on the freebie offers because of things like this.
    Like I said, I'm very careful and don't know how I would have asked to receive more information but I guess it could of happened? What irritates me the most is that it states that it is a monthly charge and if they have no phone number to get in contact with them to dispute this, than this is just wrong. I did have my phone company put a block on for third party numbers but she also said that it would not block these kind of charges, which makes NO SENSE to me.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Like I said, I'm very careful and don't know how I would have asked to receive more information but I guess it could of happened? What irritates me the most is that it states that it is a monthly charge and if they have no phone number to get in contact with them to dispute this, than this is just wrong. I did have my phone company put a block on for third party numbers but she also said that it would not block these kind of charges, which makes NO SENSE to me.
    That doesn't make any sense. Blocking third party charges should block ALL third party charges. In this case since you can't get ahold of the company, I think it is fraud. You can't just charge someone for something and then not let them get in touch with you to cancel.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

That doesn't make any sense. Blocking third party charges should block ALL third party charges. In this case since you can't get ahold of the company, I think it is fraud. You can't just charge someone for something and then not let them get in touch with you to cancel.
    That's exactly what I told my phone company, all she said was to keep watching my phone bill and call back if I have anymore problems, I think she was trying to get me off the phone because I kept arguing with her, I was not happy and she knew it.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

When it happened to us, they just reversed the charge and put a block on it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

When it happened to us, they just reversed the charge and put a block on it.
    She said she removed the charge and reversed it back to the company saying that I disputed it? No idea what will happen next month but rest assured, I will be on top of it!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I had this happen when I first started doing SR. It was the $1000 in free grocery coupon offer that did it. I only know because the lady who I got in touch with told me. I ddn't see it anywhere on the offer when I was doing it. Now when I see it there is a little note added about a "free" voice mail or something so they must have had a lot of reversals and complaints. The phone company reversed it for me back then and put a block on third party charges and I have never had another problem since.
    Sunshine Rewards

I googled the company and got another phone number and called and talked to someone I could not understand but I do know that she canceled it and I will not be charged again, hopefully!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Pam,

I'm glad you found the number and were able to speak to someone. Hopefully it will be canceled.

I would call the phone company back and speak to a supervisor. Many times they can do things regular CS can't. I don't know why the CS agent told you the charge can't be blocked.

If you don't mind me asking what phone company do you have??

Hope it gets resolved!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards