Thread: Pistachio recall

Default Pistachio recall

Just FYI, Turkish pistachios are not on recall, so if you still want your pistachios, visit NutsOnTheNet, they have them, Also, they have California pistachios that were not involved in the recall. Feel safe buying from them, and they also have a free two day shipping on all orders.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Just FYI, Turkish pistachios are not on recall, so if you still want your pistachios, visit NutsOnTheNet, they have them, Also, they have California pistachios that were not involved in the recall. Feel safe buying from them, and they also have a free two day shipping on all orders.
    Thank you for reading my mind.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

FYI-nuts on the net is now recalling their california pistacios bought after 10/28/08. In all honesty, I'm thinking I may just chuck mine-paying to return them is not exactly cost efficient. http://www.nutsonthenet.com/

That sucks. I didn't even know you could keep pistachios that long. Do people still have them from October?? Thankfully we only have the Turkish ones, which I like better anyway. But we had a huge bag of California ones that an aunt sent us from another company for Christmas. Like 10 pounds!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Aw oh, I ate mine....oh well, I'm still alive.

Yes, they are recommending that only Turkish pistachios be purchased at this time. While they use different places in California for their pistachios, they just don't know which ones people got, so they are recalling them all.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    FYI-nuts on the net is now recalling their california pistacios bought after 10/28/08. In all honesty, I'm thinking I may just chuck mine-paying to return them is not exactly cost efficient. http://www.nutsonthenet.com/
    I would call them...I bet they will replace them with another variety of nuts. I had a problem with a bag of peanuts and I called them and they sent me out a bag of cashews for a replacement...their customer service is great!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    . But we had a huge bag of California ones that an aunt sent us from another company for Christmas. Like 10 pounds!

Ya, well, I ate 2/3 of them too and I'm still here. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Ya, well, I ate 2/3 of them too and I'm still here. LOL
    You're already rotten! It's gonna take a lot more than an infested nut to kill you!!!
    Angie

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    You're already rotten! It's gonna take a lot more than an infested nut to kill you!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I e-mailed them and they refunded my card.
    This is why I love SR, I had confidence that Nuts would do the right thing as SR and them are close.