Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no! I have Disneychangitis!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Oh no! I have Disneychangitis!

Watch out! It's said to be very contangious when planning a Disney trip! I also seem to have add-onitis, but I think that's ok. I decided on the bus ride into work yesterday that instead of our split stay in September of 5 days at Poly (his dream resort) & 5 days at WL (my dream resort), that we will be spending all 10 days at Poly. I just think it would be nice to stay there the entire 10 days since we never have stayed there before.

I did have to change from Poly CL to regular old Garden View...but I think we'll manage! Plus, now we have the dining plan the entire trip...I was told that with the food in the CL, having the dining plan too may be too much...but I was probably going to add it anyway.

And to justify my change even more I did my Disney math....while our total ressie did increase by only $231.10, I actually saved us $168.80 because I would have added 5 days of the dining plan onto our Poly CL ressie before we arrived which totalled $399.90. Don't you just love Disney math??

Anyway, I figured you'd all understand my Disneychangitis & of course the problematic add-onitis!

DH is going to be soooooo surprised when we pull into Poly instead of POFQ!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

How exciting!! I'm sure he will be thrilled when he finds out!!
    It must be going around...after I booked our May trip as a split stay, I ended up calling back and changing it again.

Sounds like an awesome trip!!
    Sunshine Rewards

You are going to love it.........oh my gosh......10 days of being able to wake up at the Poly!!!!! Now that is going to be a fantastic trip!!!!!!! I am living vicariously thru you right now Jen!!!!

I keep saying that the next time I go to WDW I am spending the week at the Poly, but I haven't done that yet......heck I am happy with the 2 nights here and there that we stay there..........

What do you have planned for dining? This is for September right!! Hey isn't it during free dining?!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Well since they changed the stupid 180 days to 90 days, I have until June to think about what we want to do for dining. I have a running list going which includes some places we've never eaten before. Thinking of doing either the Luau or Hoop De Doo Revue...SIL & fam are joining us again for one week so they'd be joining us for that too.

For our anniversary night, I'm going to book a Wishes cruise & have everyone do that. I'm thinking 'Ohana for dinner which I think will surprise Steve because it's a little more low-key than what we'd normally do for our anniversary...but of course, I'm not going to tell him about the cruise! Gotta love surprises!!

Yes, it is during free dining, but it's a better deal for us to use the 40% pin code I had received...which expired today so I'm glad I had Disneychangitis hit when it did. Actually, we already had free dining booked through BB from when we went in Oct & for 2 in a moderate the 40% & free dining are almost the exact same discount. 2 in a deluxe...the 40% is much bigger discount!

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Jen, I LOVE how you think! I think you made a great choice. You're DH is going to be thrilled, and I think it will be so much easier for you to stay put in one place instead of moving 1/2 way through.

Your Disney math gave me a big belly laugh!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Good idea to do Ohana before your Wishes cruise. That's what DH and I did. Very nice to go from the restaurant right down to the dock. Plus if you have extra time, you can sit on the beach and have a Glowtini.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

p.s. With the free DDP, can I use AAA discount also or will they just let me use one discount? I'm sure I already know the answer but just checking for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    p.s. With the free DDP, can I use AAA discount also or will they just let me use one discount? I'm sure I already know the answer but just checking for sure.
    No, they don't stack discounts. It's always one or the other. Depending on how many are in your party & what location you're staying at will determine if the AAA discount is better than free dining....in my experience Free Dining has always been a better discount.

AAA is only 15% so no doubt that free DDP is better.

How cool!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.