Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pfaltzgraff???

Wow they have some nice stuff.I love dishes too. My best china set is all from England, Old Country Roses, Royal Dalton. I have a ton of pieces with that too. Someday, that will all be Tricias. I've never used it yet. I have another set of China, still in the boxes. I took it out one year for christmas, has gold edging on it. Don't even remember what it is. Will have to look at the Pfaltzgraff though, I'm ready for a new set of everyday. Its just i break them so easily, my house is all tile floors.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Kathie, now shoes are another story. LOL I love shoes and pocketbooks! I only have the stonewear of Winterberry. I have it for 12 settings. I have been collecting it since it came out. I even have the snowglobes. I am missing just one year sadly. I hope someday I will be able to find it. It is great for winter. How are the melamine pieces. I have never ordered any of those.

Sunshinegirl, please let us know which pattern when you decide.

As for the rewards part, They are great about sending them out. I have received a few of them. Another one is one the way from my last order. !!! They even email me to let me know when I qualify for a gift card. Also, sign up for your patterns because they will let you know if anything is up or new on that pattern. They send out emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    Kathie, now shoes are another story. LOL I love shoes and pocketbooks!
    I've always ben bad with shoes.....worse now that I discovered places online that actually have my size. Pocketbooks.......been caught up in the Vera Bradley craze lately!!!

I only have the stonewear of Winterberry. I have it for 12 settings. I have been collecting it since it came out. I even have the snowglobes. I am missing just one year sadly. I hope someday I will be able to find it. It is great for winter. How are the melamine pieces. I have never ordered any of those.
    What year is it?? I have seen some on ebay. They always go for a lot. Good luck, hope you find it. I had a few pieces I bought and never used. One was the Winterberry clear hurricane lamp. Last year I sold it on ebay. I also had the large Winterberry and Yorktowne votive warmers. I like the smaller one better. It killed me to melt that large Yankee Candle at $22 a shot.

We usually have a buffet Christmas night when all my siblings and their families come to our house. Our family is growing with kids having kids so it can be upwards of 50 people.

I bought the melamine plates and bowls because
    1. They were much less expensive
    2. I have have a few nieces that are still in their clumsy stage.
    3. Look nicer than paper/foam

I love my nieces......but they have broken more of my dishes......this is just easier. My daughter was never that clumsy. Hopefully they will grow out of it.

I would love to put out the stonewear, but it just wasn't practical. I have had the melamine for 3 years and it holds up very well. I put it in the dishwasher.....and it still looks new. The clear acrylic pieces scratch. Thank goodness I only have a few serving pieces of that. I won't buy anymore. I almost bought the acrylic glasses but changed my mind when I saw the glass ones at the factory outlet. I like those much better. I use the stonewear for serving pieces since no one picks those up except me.

I used to have Mickey Christmas dishes, but they had to be washed by hand
    because they were trimmed in gold. I used them once for a dinner party and that was the end of that. Took me forever to clean up.

Would love to hear what everone else has.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 08-21-2007 at 03:06 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks SOOO much for adding this Tricia! We have the Empire black pattern. Right now we just have the s/p shakers, 12 place settings, and 12 glasses. Since it is being discontinued, what all should I order?
    So far I have
    3 round platters
    3 serving bowls
    canister set
    sugae and creamer set
    ?? place settings??

How many extra place settings should I order in case of breakage? 1 or 2???

They also have some really cute Winterberry pieces cheap I am thinking about getting for Xmas gifts!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not into pfaltzgraff* (I Lenox and Fiestaware and have no room for others), but I like reading various threads, and I couldn't help but notice the nice banner ad for replacements.com at the bottom of the page.

So, other than ebay, that's a good place to look for totally discontinued things, though you will pay a premium price.

Now I wonder if Lenox.com has any programs...eh, I have an outlet an hour away, no need to order online.

*oh my goodness, just looked at their site, and they sell far more than just dishes! They sell cuisinart, kitchenaid, and bunches of stuff! Hmm...
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
    Thanks SOOO much for adding this Tricia! We have the Empire black pattern. Right now we just have the s/p shakers, 12 place settings, and 12 glasses. Since it is being discontinued, what all should I order?
    So far I have
    3 round platters
    3 serving bowls
    canister set
    sugae and creamer set
    ?? place settings??

How many extra place settings should I order in case of breakage? 1 or 2???

They also have some really cute Winterberry pieces cheap I am thinking about getting for Xmas gifts!
    What about soup/gumbo bowls? We used those much more in the winter than the cereal bowls.

ETA: Ok I just went to look up the official name of the bowl mentioned above: PASTA/DINNER BOWL I would get some of these and some salad plates which are very useful when you are trying to portion control yourself.
    Last edited by m 'n c; 08-21-2007 at 04:50 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have the salad plates with my place settings, but I'll def. check out the bowls. How many extra place settings do you think I should get?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
    I have the salad plates with my place settings, but I'll def. check out the bowls. How many extra place settings do you think I should get?
    Hmm. I am conservative so I'd go with 2 but if you are cautious then I'd just go with 1 and get some pasta/soup bowls.

How many do you use on a regular basis and how often do you do dishes? I ask because I think my mom's set is either 8 or 12 for a family of 4 and we'd do dishes I think every 2-3 days. BF and I on the other hand are just the 2 of us and I'm borrowing one set of dishes from her that is a set for 8 I think. We usually can get through a few days before doing dishes but man we can go through some plates on the weekend.

If you think you might put some wear on them I'd go with 2 extra sets in case of a crack or chip. The dishwasher has cracked/chipped a couple of different pieces of my mom's but nothing that would make them unusuable.
    Sunshine Rewards

This is a great one I never even thought of since I usually shop at the outlet store. But they do have great sales!! My favorite dishes are my winterberry stoneware. I use them from Thanksgiving right through the winter. They are so pretty!

Thanks Tricia!
    Last edited by speechteachri; 08-21-2007 at 07:03 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Did anyone order through them and get credit yet? How long did it take to show up in your account? Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards