Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Contest, lets spice things up

The song is The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were from 1973. I have never seen the movie but I was 3 years old when it came out. We were living in sunny Hialeah, Florida and getting ready to move to the brutal cold of Wisconsin.
    Robin

Let's see. The year was 1973. The song is "The Way We Were" from the same named movie. I'm a sap when it comes to music and I don't ever listen to this song because it makes me cry!

I was living in PA with my family. I would have just turned 3 years old, with a sister who was not quite 2. My guess is I was giving my mom grey hairs
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were, October 1973 with Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford.

WOW..I was just turning 21 years old (stop gasping, yeah I'm old!!) I was working at what we here in Massachusetts call, The Registry of Motor Vechiles..(The DMV to most of you out of staters) and yes, I'm sure I was in love, yeah I know I was back then....I loved music, listening to Roberta Flack, Gladys Knight and the Pips and Stevie Wonder and watching movies ranging from American Graffiti, The Excorist to The Way We Were.

Those were the Days My Friends!!
    Movie is The way we were released in 1973 and the song "The way we were" won the Academy award for best song... Babs, always one of my favs, was in her prime and though she lost, was also nominated for best actress

Oh. my good memories! I was also 21, living in the dorm while working on a BA at UMass Amherst. It was a great time to be young!
    Sunshine Rewards

The movie was "The Way We Were" with Barbara Striesand and Robert Redford. The song was the theme song for the movie. Movie was made in 1973, and I was 5 years old, so I was probably going to kindergarten and learning to ride my first 2 wheel bike; a red Schwinn, that I got for my 5th birthday!

Beautiful bracelet Cindy....what a nice rememberance!
    Last edited by speechteachri; 04-09-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Memories, from the Way We Were, of course!! One of my favorite movies of all time. I was in 4th grade when that came out, and remember seeing it for the first time on TV probably 2 years later with my sister.

"The Way We Were" performed by Barbara Streisand from the 1973 Sydney Pollack-directed movie of the same name starring Babs and Robert Redford.

I was born nine years later, so I wasn't doing much of anything when the song was released. However, my mom still has the soundtrack LP, no joke!

As an aside, the song was covered in 2008 by Girlicious, a spin-off group of the Pussycat Dolls. It is a terrible cover. I only know this because my roommates watch way too much reality TV.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

The song is The Way We Were from the movie The Way We Were.
    I was not born until 1975.
    Sunshine Rewards

You know, when I ran this it didn't even dawn on me how young so many of you are here. LOL Now I'm feeling really old.

But, the two winners are:

Poohs pal and Cuppycakemom

Congrats...open up a TT with your full name and addresses so I can mail you the spices, and remember, after you get them, post in MySpiceSage under that spice about it.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    You know, when I ran this it didn't even dawn on me how young so many of you are here. LOL Now I'm feeling really old.
    I'm right there with ya Cindy!!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!