Thread: Shopping question

Default Shopping question

So I am pretty new to this, signed up last week. I get the daily survey part. You take a survey and get the amount credited that it says each survey is worth. But looking at the shopping, it says you get a percentage. Then I got an email from SR saying that a certain merchant was a higher percentage till the end of April and SR was paying $1 if you make a purchase. So now I am confused. Who pays the percentage and how is that credited? And does SR not usually give you anything, and they are this one special time? Or do they usually give you something above the percentage, but it is usually just a smaller amount than $1? Thanks. I hope that all made sense.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

When you go to the Shopping link on the main site you can go to the merchants in a number of ways. You can pull a merchant by alphabetical or by category. Once you choose a merchant you can read next to the merchant what the percentage back is. The merchant pays SR a percentage as a "commision" for bringing you to their site to purchase and SR in return gives you a percentage of that for shopping through them. The percentage shown is the amount you will recieve on the pretax preshipping total of your purchase. These percents can sometimes change if the merchant is having a special. At those times SR will send out an email to let you know about higher cash back percentages or extra incentives like the added $1. You should read the stickies in the forum about what to do before you shop to assure you the greatest chance you will recieve your credit since these are tracked by cookies. Once you shop you just wait and usually within a few days you will see the credit pending in your account. Very easy. Make sure to also read next to the merchant to see if there are also coupons or discounts. Sometimes you get a special discount AND cash back on your purchase. Don't use non SR coupons on your purchases though because these will often keep you from getting credit from the merchant. If I haven't completely answered your question let me know and I will see what else I can tell you.
    Sunshine Rewards

That totally answered it. Thanks