Thread: Animal Kingdom Picnic in the Park

Thumbs up Animal Kingdom Picnic in the Park

Just found about this and copied these details from AllEars and thought I'd share with you...another eating/dining option at Animal Kingdom....AND you can use the meal plan with it...quick service/counter service!!

As of April 7, 2009, Disney's Animal Kingdom will be offering a new meal program called Picnic in the Park. As part of this program, you will be able to purchase a meal for the family packaged in an "Every Tree Has Character" reusable bag, which can then be taken to one of a number of picnic spots throughout the park. Plates and utensils are provided. Meals include a choice of entrees, side dishes, desserts, and water. There are two tiers available:

Tier 1 features a chicken wrap, ham grinder, tuna pita, or turkey focaccia sandwich, with pricing starting at $24.99 plus tax for a meal for three.

Meal for Three ? $24.99 + tax
    3 Sandwiches, 1 Large Gourmet Side, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four ? $32.99 + tax
    4 Sandwiches, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five ? $40.99 + tax
    5 Sandwiches, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six ? $48.99 + tax
    6 Sandwiches, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Tier 2 offers a choice of rotisserie chicken or ham, with pricing starting at $29.99 plus tax for a meal for three.

Meal for Three ? $29.99 + tax
    6 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 lb. of Ham, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four ? $38.99 + tax
    8 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/4 lb. of Ham, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five ? $47.99 + tax
    10 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/2 lb. of Ham, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six ? $56.99 + tax
    12 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 3/4 lb. of Ham, 5 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

Gourmet Sides (16 oz.)
    -- Chips
    -- Macaroni & Cheese
    -- Seasonal Fruit Salad
    -- Coleslaw
    -- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
    -- Tomato and Cucumber
    -- Corn Medley
    -- Orzo Pasta Salad
    -- Green Beans ?
    -- Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

Desserts
    -- Apple
    -- Brownie
    -- Cookie
    -- Cornbread
    -- Crisped Rice Treat
    -- Orange

NOTE: No modifications or substitutions are allowed.

Guests with food allergies should alert the Cast Member when placing their order, who will then contact a chef.

Place your order at the Picnic in the Park podium located in front of Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom, between 8:30 a.m. ? 1:00 p.m. daily. After that time, or if you decide to get a picnic pack after you're in the park, go directly to the podium at Tusker House Restaurant to place the order.

Pick-up time needs to be at least two hours from the time the order is placed, and you'll need to bring the copy of the order form as confirmation. The pick-up location is at Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery.

Payment is due upon pick-up of the order. If you're on the Disney Dining Plan, Picnic in the Park may be used as a Quick Service Meal (requires one adult entitlement per meal amount). For example, a meal for three will require three adult entitlements.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

And once again, AK is the least vegetarian friendly park. I plan on going to the new restaurant at AKV for lunch my AK day.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I saw that too and noticed that they don't offer a meal for "two"?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

they definitely need a meal for two option-not EVERYONE goes to wdw with kids! heck, DH and i went there for our honeymoon, lol. i'm not a vegetarian, but i agree, there should be meal options for everyone. it's a good idea, but it needs some tweaking.

Having a meal for two seems like a fairly obvious thing. Wonder why they didn't think of that?
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.