Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprises BEFORE Disney...HELP.

Default Surprises BEFORE Disney...HELP.

As many of you know, my family has gone through quite a bit of drama. And NOT the good drama! So this Disney vacation will be a wonderful get away for me and the kids. We are so excited.

We are almost hitting our 50 day mark. WOOHOO! So....I have decided that every Thursday from here on until our trip, I will give the kids something Disney related. Today I gave them some Disney pins that I bought through Ebay (through SR of course!) I need help from here on out. I am on a HUGE budget. Not much extra spending money. SOOOO.... Any ideas and suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you-they have some good and cheap Disney stuff. You might want to check out half.com or Amazon used for cheap copes of disney trivia or hidden mickeys. Could you pick up lanyards some where cheap. Cheap ponchos?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Check out the Target $1 spots as well. Sometimes there is disney stuff thrown in there.

You could also start saving some pennies and quarters for the penny press machines.
    Sunshine Rewards

you've gotten some great ideas so far! i agree with Cate about the pennies. pennies and quarters in an mini M&M tube are great! my DD loves pressed pennies and they're a quick, cheap souvenir.

Disney shopping has a set of 3 luggage tags for something like $5.99 for the set if that would work.

How about disney dollars for each kid as spending money. You can get them at a local Disney store.

I did some gift certificates on my computer for my kids that were good for one treat of choice at Goofy's candy kitchen at DTD. Just make sure to set a max amount they can spend.

Certificates for *my choice of the day* are always fun. What I did was give each kid one for a certain day we'd be at Disney and they got to pick the first thing we had to do that day.

How about some puzzles - create your own - FREE!

http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducatio...hSetupForm.asp

Patti
    Photobucket
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

What about making a chain one day with the kids? Every day closer and a chain link comes off. Decorate the chain with Disney characters and stickers. I am waiting for somebody from the DIS to send me a template she has. When I get it, I will pass it along.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    What about making a chain one day with the kids? Every day closer and a chain link comes off. Decorate the chain with Disney characters and stickers. I am waiting for somebody from the DIS to send me a template she has. When I get it, I will pass it along.
    That sounds awesome and I'd like that one as well for the grandson for next year when we'll be taking him on his first trip to see the mouse

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Do you have this year's planning DVD? Maybe one Thurs you could all watch it together? Or any old maps from previous trips? You could look at those & pick your plan of attack...or your dream day at a park...make a game of it. Or maybe put together a photo album of your favorite photos of them from past trips??

(See...totally thinking inexpensive here babe!)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

We did the chain from the DIS and my kids really enjoyed seeing it get shorter adn shorter.

There is also a thread over there that has stuff to make a night around a movie theme. So you would have spaghetti and watch Lady and the Tramp or so on.

I will try to think of other cheap/free things to do.
    <Sunshine Rewards