Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprises BEFORE Disney...HELP.

Maybe you could bake something disney related? You could do Mickey cookies or something along those lines.

If you're planning on making your own shirts to wear, you could do those one week.

Maybe a small game/toy to keep them busy en route?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

If they have MP3 players, you could load them up with some Disney songs from the internet, like the parade and fireworks music. Or you could burn some songs to CD for them.

You could go to the library and check out some classic Disney movies for free that you haven't seen in awhile.

Don't know if you're driving or flying, but you could get a little travel pillow for very little $ at WalMart and, if you can sew, buy 1/2 a yard of fabric for each to make Disney related pillow cases suited to each kid's taste.

I was just at Dollar Tree tonight and saw little battery operated fans - I should have grabbed some - me thinks it will be quite warm in June. They might like those?

Do they each have a water bottle for the trip? You can get one at DT and personalize them. Saves a lot of $ on drinks. Then give them each a box of their favorite drink powders.

I found a pair of red and white pompoms at the Dollar Tree for DD - she thought she was the cat's meow at the High School Musical Pep Rally and, everytime she had them out at the parades, she was invited to participate. They have tons of HSM and Hannah Montana stuff over there - hair ties, chapstick, coloring/sticker books. I know...it's harder with the older boys. The girls are easy.

DT also had a big sheet of window clingies of Mickey and friends. I bought one and the kids had fun decorating our hotel window. You could make signs to decorate the window too. It made it easy to find the room when they wanted to walk faster than Mom could keep up.

I found these light up balls on a lanyard for $1 in the toy dept. at WalMart. When you squeeze them, they light in random different colors. Even the boys wore them to Fantasmic. Either those, some glowsticks or those mouth glow things for the nighttime events.

If you're flying, grab some gum for the plane - there are 4 packs of Bubblicious at the DT for $1.
    Sunshine Rewards

How about ordering the free souvenier park maps. They're pretty neat, if you haven't seen them. Come printed with your name on them. You'd have to hurry, though, cuz I think it takes about 4 weeks to get them.

Also, lots of times on ebay, you can find Disney pins in lots for really cheap. SuperWalmart also has Disney stickers - sometimes they're on the scrapping aisle and sometimes near the party supplies.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

How about a Mickey mac & cheese night? I got the Disney pasta at the grocery store, you could make it yourself.

Thanks guys! LOTS of great ideas. I did see some Mickey pasta at Aldi last week. Maybe they are still there.

I will visit my dollar store. Definitely going to start watching Disney movies. We have been playing Disney scene it too.

I may make some Mickey pancakes for dinner one night too.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Thanks guys! LOTS of great ideas. I did see some Mickey pasta at Aldi last week. Maybe they are still there.

I will visit my dollar store. Definitely going to start watching Disney movies. We have been playing Disney scene it too.

I may make some Mickey pancakes for dinner one night too.
    I like the idea of the mickey pancakes for dinner....always a big hit at my house......maybe even print up a menu with a few options for them (that is easy for you to prepare....I know you don't want to be at the stove the whole time)

....another ' breakfast' option for dinner is (this is if your kids like this)...the goofy breakfast option from Kona take a piece of toast and cut a hole in the middle. Fry an egg and then either drop it in the hole or place toast over it...so easy to do.

....call the orange juice a fun name on menu...Poohs punch....Eeyore's OJ..get creative...

Have fun with it....I know you will!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Wow. What great ideas! I think they sale Disney themed popsicles at the grocery store. Maybe you guys can do that one day while sitting outside enjoying the weather and getting prepared for the Florida warmth.

Sounds like you have enough ideas here to get you through the countdown.

This thread has gotten me even more excited and impatient about our vacation this summer. We have a lot longer than 50 days, though. We have until July.

Good luck and happy planning. Let us know what all you come up with.
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Sorry to hear of all you're going through Angela, but what if one of the Thursdays you all sat down and had a "planning meeting" of sorts - everyone can go around and tell what they're most looking forward to, what ride(s) they absolutely HAVE to hit - make a top ten list!

Disney planning is a lot of fun!

I also echo the idea of doing a dinner and movie night - its fun, disney related, and you're 'giving' your kids time with you and with each other. That's better than any physical thing you could give them!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Today I found Disney Pez. I bought 3 of them. An Incredibles one, a Nemo one, and a Cars one. My kids love Pez, so this worked out well. They will get these on Thursday.

Thought about having a memory day with going through pics of our old trips, but being that their Dad is in all of those pictures, I thought it might be sad for them and not fun. So I foregoed that idea.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Any Disney videos/DVDs that you don't have around the house, you can always get at the library
    The Disney sing-alongs are great for getting my kids really excited about heading to WDW.
    All of these are live action sing alongs that take place in the parks:

• Disneyland Fun
    • Campout at Walt Disney World
    • Beach Party at Walt Disney World
    • Let's Go to Disneyland Paris
    • Happy Haunting - Party at Disneyland
    • Flik's Musical Adventure at Disney's Animal Kingdom
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059