Thread: Photopass

Default Photopass

I didnt want to ask this on the dis board i didnt want to turn it into something else ...

But what exactly is this ?? Do you people follow you around and take your pictures ??? Do you have to wait inline for someone to take your pictures ??? I might be the only one on earth who totally does not understand this at all ??

Has anyone here on sunshine done it before ??? Is it worth the money ??? What about the pictures ?? Were they nice ???

haha i just noticed i had 10000000 questions i just asked

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by aknight373 View Post
    I didnt want to ask this on the dis board i didnt want to turn it into something else ...

But what exactly is this ?? Do you people follow you around and take your pictures ??? Do you have to wait inline for someone to take your pictures ??? I might be the only one on earth who totally does not understand this at all ??

Has anyone here on sunshine done it before ??? Is it worth the money ??? What about the pictures ?? Were they nice ???

haha i just noticed i had 10000000 questions i just asked
    It definitely is worth pre paying for it. Photopass photographers are located throughout every park all over the place, ready to take pictures of you and the family. Their shots are great, better quality then most cameras and can be found at 90% of the character photo ops and any other great photo ops. Like walking down main st towards Cindy's castle, the tree in AK, etc.
    Sunshine Rewards

Plus, the whole family can get in the picture together. How many pictures do we have where Mom or Dad is missing?!

There are photographers all over the place but they don't follow you around - with the characters, at favorite photo spots, water parks, etc. You go up to them and they'll take your picture. Sometimes there is a line (like at the characters) but sometimes you can just walk up to a photographer and hand him your photopass. They swipe it in their camera, take your picture and the image is stored on your card. They are professional quality pictures and we're going to prebuy the pass for our June trip - we'll still take our own camera for pictures but use the photopass every chance we can since their shots will be so much better.
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 04-18-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

There are photopass photographers at different places in each park. There are usually several at the entrance to the parks, on Main Street, by the Castle, Tree of Life, Sorcerer's Hat etc. A lot (but not all) of the character greetings have photopass photographers.

The first time your picture is taken, they will give you a photopass card (looks like a room key) that you will give to the photographers when they take your picture. Then you can enter those card numbers on the photopass website and view your pictures and/ or purchase them. On that site, you can edit your pictures and add Disney signatures or borders. Mousesavers has a preorder code if you are interested in the CD- which gives you all of your pictures (including any you edit) as well as a release form so that you can print what you want.

Is it worth it? It really depends on how many pictures you have taken! Just to have the pictures taken does not cost you anything. So, you could have pictures taken when you see the photographers and then you can go online and decide if you want to purchase any pictures or the CD. But it does cost you some time which may or may not be something you want to do! Are there lines? Some places yes and some not too much. When you are going down Main Street (or the other entrances)...if there is a line for the first photographer you see- look down a little further because there are usually 5 or more photograhers and the ones further down don't have lines. If you have a Disney Visa card, there is a character meet and greet at Epcot and we have some great pictures from that session!

As for the quality... most of our pictures came out great! Of course having kids in the pictures adds another element since someone is always not looking. But they usually snap enough pictures quickly that you get some good ones. We do have a lot of pictures taken and I have never been disappointed with getting the photopass cd! HTH
    Sunshine Rewards

Years ago, I always thought it would be a waste of money since we carried our camera everywhere we went on vacation. However, one year my sister-in-law's family went with us and we decided to split the cost to try it out. Since then, I will never go without it!

It was sooooo nice to come home with pictures of the whole family for a change! We used to have pictures of just the kids, or either myself or DH was missing because we were taking the picture. We also don't worry so much about taking the pictures with the characters and kids because we know the photopass photographers are getting the shot for us (not at all character places, but many of them).

With the amount spent on a disney vacation, I feel the price for photopass is well worth it, especially if you pre-order at the discounted rate.
    Debbie

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post

With the amount spent on a disney vacation, I feel the price for photopass is well worth it, especially if you pre-order at the discounted rate.
    That's EXACTLY how we looked at it. We don't go often and if I was spending that much on a family trip the $105 pre trip ($30 savings I think if bought BEFORE hand) was so worth it. I'm usually the picture taker and i was so happy to have SOO many pictures of the family with ME in them from our trip.

I do have a high end digital camera and take TONS of pictures on a normal given activity (my kids know the drill the moment my camera is out) and it's still so worth it for even me! I took over 1000 (usable) pictures on my camera on our trip and still didn't get half the shots they did.
    Sunshine Rewards

oh wow thanks guys!!!! for some reason, i just didnt understand it !!!

We've only done the prepay thing once and it was for a trip that we knew that we were going to be in the parks a LOT and want a lot of different photos. This last time they had something even more convenient than the room key looking photo cards. Now they are just a little card (like 1 by 2 inches?) attached to a piece of elastic you put around your wrist. So you never have to dig around to figure out where your card is. It's even waterproof. They took a GREAT picture of Jillian and Kevin's family coming down the family water ride at Typhoon Lagoon. We were able to put in the number on the website while we were still at the hotel and see them. We had one taken for the first time ever on Main Street at night.

Another new thing that I like that they are doing is that you can pay for a download of an individual picture. We only had 5 pictures taken on the last trip but I might want to use one of them for our family Christmas card. I can pay like $12 or something for the download rights to do whatever I want with it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Another new thing that I like that they are doing is that you can pay for a download of an individual picture. We only had 5 pictures taken on the last trip but I might want to use one of them for our family Christmas card. I can pay like $12 or something for the download rights to do whatever I want with it.
    this is great to know.............thanks for the info!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Wink

There is a website that really explains the Photopass system
    Stitch Kingdom http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!