Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Rewards Disney Cruise

Default Sunshine Rewards Disney Cruise

Sunshine Rewards Disney Cruise

We are happy to announce that we have come up with a date for the Sunshine Rewards Disney Cruise. After taking into account many factors, we have settled on October 23, 2008. The cruise will depart from Port Canaveral Thursday afternoon and visit both Nassau, Bahamas and Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. The ship will return to Port Canaveral on Sunday.

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that we already anticipate:

Why did we pick this date? The holiday schedule for 2008/2009 really threw a wrench in things. The only applicable cruises would have run into either Christmas Eve or New Years Eve and been almost twice as expensive.

What is the price? The published prices start around $900 for 2 people or $1500 for a family. We will be getting a group discount but will not know how much that will be until we commit to a certain number of cabins.

Who is invited? All SR members and friends and family are invited. Everyone who books initially will get the group discount. However, people who decide to go later will NOT get the group discount and prices will get higher the closer that we get to the cruise.

Is SR doing anything special for the cruise? We are negotiating a big contest that will start in October and run into 2008. It will include shipboard credits and maybe even a cruise. On the ship, we will be having a meet and greet. And each person cruising with us will get a special souvenir.

Can we pay with Disney Gift Cards? Yes! You can pay with cards that you cash out through us or cards that you buy through GiveFun.com to get the cashback discount.

What do we have to do next? We need to know how many "definites" and "maybes" that we have. If you are a definite, you will have to put down a $200 deposit per person with the travel agency within the next couple of weeks. The deposit can be applied to a later Disney cruise if you change your mind. If you are a maybe, we will just need your name. In either case, we need to start getting a count so that we can find out how much our discount will be. If you are either a definite or a maybe, please send your name and the number of cabins that you will need to us via the email address listed on the Contact Us page. Balances for the cruise will not be due until next summer.
    Last edited by SunshineGirl; 08-22-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Until DH gets back in to town, I will call us a maybe! but that will change, I am sure!!

So exciting!!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Tricia I assume that when you say $1500 for a family you mean a family of 4??

We have not considered a cruise b/c of the problems of finding a good rate for 2 adults and 4 children

Do any of you experienced cruisers know the best way to handle it??
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Tricia I assume that when you say $1500 for a family you mean a family of 4??

We have not considered a cruise b/c of the problems of finding a good rate for 2 adults and 4 children

Do any of you experienced cruisers know the best way to handle it??
    I think that the most people you can have in ANY of the cabins, including the family cabin is 4. Depending on how old your kids are, can you do two connected rooms on the inside?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I think that the most people you can have in ANY of the cabins, including the family cabin is 4. Depending on how old your kids are, can you do two connected rooms on the inside?
    Yes, that's what we do with hotels that don't have suites for 6. So with cruising I have to pay for 2 adults in each room and then 1 child in each, is that correct? I recall when I was doing research on cruises before that you have to pay adult price for the first 2 people in a room, regardless of age??
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

How very exciting!! That sounds like a lot of fun! I've heard the Disney cruises are fun for all, but any SR's ever go w/o kids? We're non-parents so just wondering how it is for couples...well, couples who love Disney of course!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Here's a link to the actual page:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dc...iseLandingPage

SunshineCindy and her DH will be there without kids.

And actually, the travel agent that is working with us right now said that she and her husband, who do not have kids, have been on like 5 Disney cruises and love them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Sounds fun, but I'm not sure if we will be able to go. $900 per couple is a bit steep for us for 3 nights. I'm curious to see what kind of discounts you get though.
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

And here is a link for you to see what kind of shipboard activities there are on the 3 day cruise:

http://www.disneycruiser.info/w070705/w3day0.htm

Martini tastings and wine tastings for the adults. Big shows at night. Pirates of the Caribbean deck party. Keep in mind that this one is from July 2007, so things will definitely change. But it gives you an idea of what is included if you have never been on one.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Here's a link to the actual page:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dc...iseLandingPage

SunshineCindy and her DH will be there without kids.

What, you aren't going?

I don't even like kids and I'm going on this cruise.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.