Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MNSSHP costumes?

Default MNSSHP costumes?

Are you wearing a costume or any festive Halloween clothing to MNSSHP? If so, please share what you are planning to wear. I need ideas for DH & I (both age 26, no kids).

We would like to be in regular clothes (or as normal clothes as possible) so we can be comfortable, but still participate in dressing up for the event. My ideas so far:

- Cowboy/cowgirl: We can wear regular jeans, regular plaid shirts, maybe find some vests, then dress it up with accessories...hats, sherriffs badges, etc.
    - '50s couple: he can wear jeans and a white t-shirt and slick his hair back, I can wear cropped pants, some kind of shirt, and my hair in a high pony tail. We might get costume jackets (extremely lightweight) that say "Pink Lady" and "Thunderbird" on the back. I could tie a pink scarf around my neck or ponytail.
    - Black cat: Keep it very simple...wear all black and find a headband with some black cat ears. Draw whiskers on my face with eyeliner. Maybe get a black maribou boa and make some fuzzy wristbands and a neck band. Not sure what DH would wear...he could do his own thing. Maybe get him a simple cape and some vampire teeth or something simple like that.
    - Just go to Target and pick up some Halloween-themed t-shirts for both of us and call it a day.
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

I picked up a Disney shirt last year that had "Evil Diva" on the back and the witch on the front. I'm still contemplating what to do this year. Either a Disney-themed Halloween shirt or just a Halloween shirt. I like to be comfy for the rides and stuff more than I care about the dress up part. But if I could do BOTH, I probably would.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I am struggling with the same thing for my mom and I. DS#1 is going to be a doctor and DS#2 is going to be Woody from Toy Story (at least that is what he is claiming right now.)

I want something lightweight because I'm sure it is going tobe warm (we are going on Sept 28th) I was in the airport last night and they had a cute Heinz ketchup t-shirt so I was thinking of getting that and wering red shorts so I could be ketchup. Then I ws thining of getting my mom a yellow t-shirt and shorts so she could be mustard. I don't know. It is kind of corny but it is my best idea so far. The only other Idea I was thinking of was being Mouseketeers.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Hmmm...DH is a big Nightmare Before Christmas (and basically anything Tim Burton) fan. Maybe I could just order us both NBC t-shirts from Disney Shopping. I'm not sure it's something he would wear on many other occasions, but if I can get a good enough deal, it might work (and it would probably be cheaper than buying costumes).
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

See my siggy picture. I was a flapper girl (had the dress already from sorority costume parties and mardi gras parties) and bf was a ref. He wore the Ref shirt with some shorts.

Next year I'm ordering the custom tshirts from disneyshopping and we will be mouseketeers.
    Sunshine Rewards

My brother and DSIL always go as tourists.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I was hopeing to buy a Chip and Dale halloween Themed shirt at disney before the party on 9/14! Wish me luck!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    I was hopeing to buy a Chip and Dale halloween Themed shirt at disney before the party on 9/14! Wish me luck!
    Try Zazzle...they have Chip and Dale, maybe you can customize it to be "Halloweenish"?

5% back on SR too!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Hmmmm~If you are slightly crafty you could do what I am going to 'attempt' to do this year.. Tie Dye Mickey T Shirts in black, orange and green for the 4 of us. There are some great instructions on the DisBoards..
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

well I'm going a bit overboard and making an entire costume ...

but if you're looking at doing halloween t-shirts, check out the design board over at the DIS, there are tons of designs available for halloween that you can get customized and then just put on a shirt with iron-on transfer paper.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!