Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MNSSHP costumes?

Thanks for all the ideas! I talked to DH and we decided to forgo the costumes and order matching Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirts from DisneyShopping.com. We got the Studio Collection tees, since they were on sale. Jack for him and Sally for me. Should be cute! I also have a skull & crossbones headband that I will probably wear, and we might get some purple glowsticks to wear around our necks. We will be festive and Halloween-y, yet still very comfortable. We'll be there for the 9/28 party (and I notice some other SRers will be there that night as well!). I can't wait!
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    I want something lightweight because I'm sure it is going tobe warm (we are going on Sept 28th).
    We'll be there on the 28th, too! Should I look for ketchup and mustard?!

I think we're just going to wear t-shirts since this is a surprise trip for our boys...and I know they won't be too keen on putting on a costume for Disney. I hope Target puts out there Halloween stuff soon (yeah, like it's not already out...) and I can buy them ahead of time and sneak them into their luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c
    See my siggy picture. I was a flapper girl (had the dress already from sorority costume parties and mardi gras parties) and bf was a ref. He wore the Ref shirt with some shorts.
    I can't tell you how many times I've looked at your sig picture and thought "is her husband a ref?!". D'oh...never occurred to me that it was a costume!

Wow, so at least three of us will be at MNSSHP on 9/28: llgray16, Kittykat, and me!
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ruledbymercury View Post
    Wow, so at least three of us will be at MNSSHP on 9/28: llgray16, Kittykat, and me!
    OMG, so cool!

Have any of you ever been to MNSSHP? This will be our first time since we usually go in June. (Though we did get to go to a P&P Party when we snuck off for our weekend anniversary trip back in March.)

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at your sig picture and thought "is her husband a ref?!". D'oh...never occurred to me that it was a costume!
    Ditto!!!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

OMG, so cool!

Have any of you ever been to MNSSHP? This will be our first time since we usually go in June. (Though we did get to go to a P&P Party when we snuck off for our weekend anniversary trip back in March.)
    This will be our first MNSSHP. The only reason we really got interested in it is because we had such a great time during P&P last February. Although I knew very little about MNSSHP at that time, I did know that it was at least somewhat like P&P (hard ticket, at night, with special events and a special decor overlay to the whole park), so we knew we HAD to go this year to try it out and see if it's as great as P&P!
    Heather
    Sunshine Rewards

Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful time at MNSSHP!!! We have only been once about 4 yrs ago. We didnt even know they had it because it was before my obsessive disney planning stage Anyway we bought the tickets at the very last minute and the kids were thrilled that they got the suprise of staying till midnight and also because they got to trick or treat. It is one of our best disney memories. There were lots of people that didnt dress up as well as some really great costume. For those who are first timers I am sure that you will just have the best time. I am hoping someday we can go back at that time of year again, but for now its a no go since my older kids are in middle and high school and cannot handle the work load if they miss too much school. Hopefully you all can post about your fun when you get home.

Sunshine Rewards

My family will be there on Sept 30th. We will not be dressing up in costumes, I think my kids will be too hot and uncomfortable so I will be making us t-shirts for the party. Black t-shirts with an orange mickey head on the front and probably some orange or green glow necklaces. My kids don't know about the party, they are going to be so excited.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

haha. that was us at MNSSHP last year. I wish you could see my dress better. It has fringe from top to bottom and looks very flapperish.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    haha. that was us at MNSSHP last year. I wish you could see my dress better. It has fringe from top to bottom and looks very flapperish.
    Well, now that you say that I can definitely see the fringe. It's so funny, honestly everytime I saw it my subconscious was always like "hmmm...cute couple on vacation + ref shirt = ???".