Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Disappointed Right Now

Default So Disappointed Right Now

We got an email from Target that they are going to start holding all of our credits for at least 40 days now because of a "scam" being perpetrated through rewards sites. Turns out that we have been a part of it and didn't even know. We have a Disney fan member who has taken us for hundreds of dollars over the last several months. Because we only held credits for 21 days and weren't told about the reversals properly, the member was cashing out for Disney Dollars repeatedly and returning the merchandise. We're out hundreds of dollars while someone is living it up in Disney at our expense. I have to believe that they are doing the exact same thing through a lot of other rewards sites as well.

It's a sad day to learn what people will do to take advantage of other people and companies. We try so hard to be honest here and give our members the benefit of the doubt as much as we can. So it's like a kick in the stomach to see something like this.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia I'm so sorry, you do such a great job with this site and your always looking out for us, I can't believe someone would take advantage like that. Again I'm sorry and want to say thanks for everything you do.

tricia, i'm so sad to read this, and so sorry this happened. sunshine rewards is an awesome site, and doesn't deserve to be abused this way. please know you are appreciated and i am VERY grateful for the wonderful job you do.

I'm certainly sorry to hear about the Target credit hold. Are you able to ban this person from SR? I sure wouldn't like to see them earning more rewards, even if they do earn them legitimately. I'm a big believer in "what goes around, comes around" so I'm certain whoever it is will one day regret their actions.

Thanks for everything you do to bring these wonderful opportunities to earn rewards and take comfort in the fact that most if not all of the rest of the SR members would not do anything to jeopardize it.
    Barb

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't understand why someone would do that. Why can't people be happy with the opportunity to earn a little extra Disney money without scamming the very people who have given you that opportunity?

It's really disappointing that someone could take advantage of you and your family, Tricia. I'm sorry that happened.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

wow i dont understand.. someone was buying stuff from target through sunshine rewards... then cashing out for disney dollars and then returning the target stuff...

what a loser, i can not believe some people at all !!!! I would really hate to have their life!!!

Oh Tricia, I am so sorry! Sometimes it's hard to believe and understand why people do these types of things. I also appreciate the honesty that SR offers and stands for, and thank you for all the hard work that all of you have done, and do to make SR so awesome and honest.

The good news is that we don't have to make any changes to the site or our terms as a result of this. We were already being proactive in holding cashouts a little longer than other sites to compensate for things like this. Now we're just hoping to work more closely with Target to find out about returns faster and get the accounts debited.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

That's TERRIBLE! There's a loser in every crowd - it makes me MAD that their dishonestly/scamming impacts everyone else.

I'm sorry Tricia - how disconcerting for you.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I am really sad to hear this, but I can't say I surprized.

I work in a nursing home where the majority of residents' care is paid for by Medical Assistance - the government insurance program. They receive about $45 a month for their personal needs. This has to cover clothes, shoes, any special food treats as well as gifts for their family members on holidays.

If individuals working in this enviroment will steal from the elderly and disabled, and they do - scamming a reward site is an easy choice.

I have a good friend that always says "God doen't like ugly people." She is not talking looks. I'm sorry this happened and as usual the few bad apples have spoiled the whole barrel.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards