Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eco-friendly tips contest ended

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

We take old stained kids clothes once they are done with them and cut them done to fit the kids dolls and stuffed animals. These are items that wouldn't sell or be worn by others and it also keeps me from buying clothes for the dolls, build a bears and stuffed animals. We even use old socks to make dresses for the webkinz.
    Sunshine Rewards

I buy in bulk and use resuable containers for keeping items fresh. I love the "Lock and Lock" ones the best - available at QVC!

I pack my lunch using plastic continers instead of baggies or foil - I even take my own cutlery so I can wash it at home! (All in the dishwasher, which I am told is more economical and earth freindly then hand washing.)

I take my own beverages - coffee in the morning, cold drinks on weekends - in reusable insulated cups so I am not throwing away paper cups or bottles from the mini-mart or coffee shop.

We recycle newspaper and the plastics and glass as allowed at our center.

We have about 6 of the resualble "grocery" bags.

I reuse the back of old printed items for shopping lists, to do lists and notes to other family members. I even use the part left when I cut off an on line coupon.

I reuse gift bags! Yes, give that back - you can keep the gift.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I gave up using paper plates over a year ago, don't miss them at all anymore. I buy the select-a-size paper towels and now a roll of towels lasts a long time. It's surprising how a smaller paper towel will do the job. And I love the bamboo towels! They are so soft and absorbant and wash up nicely and are made from the fastest growing plant on the planet!
    Patti
    Photobucket
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

We do many things already listed here...re-usable shopping bags, high efficiency light bulbs, put in energy star rated appliances when we re-did our kitchen, run the dishwasher overnight instead of at peak usage times, recycle everything we can, fill 5 gallon buckets under the downspouts on our patio to use for watering in the summer, use the crock pot instead of the oven whenever possible, keep the cars tuned up properly......Oh, and my favorite is one that was also previously mentioned...I use vinegar for lots of my cleaning and as a softener in the wash. I also recently read in a magazine that if you put a balled up piece of aluminum foil in the dryer it will take the static out of the clothes...but I need to try this to believe it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats to our two winners, you will get a SR canvas bag. Open up a TT with your full name and address so I can get them out to you.

Our winners are:

Post #17 Belle

and

Post #23 wdwabby
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Congrats winners!!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's creative tips!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Thank you! Thank you! I've filled out my TT - I've never won a forum contest before, so this is very exciting!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Congratulations!!! I enjoyed reading everyone's tips too!!! Thanks for a fun contest.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Our winners are:
    Post #17 Belle
    That's me! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the tips, everyone!
    Shake it like a Polaroid picture! Thanks, jfrog!