Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Mac Users Unite

Default Help! Mac Users Unite

I just ran the demo version of MacScan and it came back with 57 tracking cookies on my machine!!! Help - what now? Do I really have to purchase their product to get rid of them???

Tricia
    SunshineRewards
    icartjetta is offline Crap, I hate games. If I see naked people they better be good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by tghamilton View Post
    I just ran the demo version of MacScan and it came back with 57 tracking cookies on my machine!!! Help - what now? Do I really have to purchase their product to get rid of them???

Tricia
    I would also like to know any tips or tricks about the mac, I'm a newbie and still learning.

I do know one thing you have to use firefox to do the surveys, safari does not work.

Can't wait to hear from the experts.
    Traci
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I posted a link to a mac type site in the common software thread that has different versions of cookie/spybot/etc software. I don't have a mac so I don't know how to help you but its a start.

The program you are using -> is that the one that was recommended last week? Maybe try googling to see if there is a user guide or a free version? If you can run it i'm sure you can clear the cookies with it for free but i'm not sure.
    Sunshine Rewards

I don't know if you ever listen to Kim Komando on the radio (she's somewhat of a computer guru). Now, I don't know about this particular product that you mentioned, but she says that alot of times, these "free scan" products will say they've found stuff on your computer, but what they're really doing is trying to scare you into buying their product and you really don't have whatever crap they say you have on your computer. Check out komando.com and she might have some info about this on her website.

I got MacScan from the free software suggestion thread. Otherwise I would have never thought of it. I am not always the brightest star in the sky.

Going to check out the PP web site suggestion now - thank you!
    SunshineRewards

It appears you have to subscribe to her club to get any good information.
    SunshineRewards

Red face

It appears you have to subscribe to her club to get any good information.
    Well, bummer! I just listen to her on the radio on the weekends and haven't really poked around on her website much. Sorry!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I got MacScan from the free software suggestion thread. Otherwise I would have never thought of it. I am not always the brightest star in the sky.

Going to check out the PP web site suggestion now - thank you!
    I'm sorry. I'm just not familar with mac's at all. I know there has to be freeware out there I just don't know what or where to find it.
    Sunshine Rewards

No problem. I appreciate the response. SR'ers are so helpful!
    SunshineRewards

From toodling around the Mac site, one thing I got from them is that Macs are impervious to over 100K of the viruses that hit PCs. You might have them on your computer, but they won't do anything, unless you're in a network with PCs. Then it says to run antivirus programs as a courtesy to the poor PCs on your network.

Now, whether that means we have other virii to worry about, I don't know. I wonder if there are any Mac-freak message boards out there that talk about this...or I wonder if the Apple Geniuses could give info...hmm, might check that out next time I'm near the Apple store.
    Sunshine Rewards

11. Bookmarks