Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop thoughts?

Default Laptop thoughts?

So my (6 year old Dell's) video card pooped out, so I'm in the market for a new one. Any thoughts? If I get Vista will I ever have a prayer of getting something to credit again? What about a mac?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Hi Heather. I've been very happy with my new Dell Studio 15 with Vista premium. It took a bit to get the settings right and surveys/offers to credit again, but they do. Well, not so much the freebie offers (some do, most don't) but I've decided that is not because of my computer.

Personally, I'm an HP person. My DH has one that is 6 years old and its doing great, had it in for minor repairs once, but I really like it. I'm using a Dell, thats what SGuy always recommended.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

OMG I love my MAC. I wouldn't buy anything else actually.

We have an HP and are really happy with it!
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Glad you asked this question, Heather. I have a 3 year old Dell Inspiron and it's giving me a lot of problems right now. I see a new laptop in the forseeable future. I'll be interested in hearing everybody's opinions, too. Vista kind of scares me as I don't know whether or not I'd be able to overcome the issues with my lack of skills.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have a Dell with Vista. I'm with Shelley, don't think it is the Vista that has decreased my freebies crediting. I have had it for nearly a year and the decrease in credits hit around 6 months ago. Must just be the changing times. Altho I did have 6 to credit during crazy credits.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    I have a Dell with Vista. I'm with Shelley, don't think it is the Vista that has decreased my freebies crediting. I have had it for nearly a year and the decrease in credits hit around 6 months ago. Must just be the changing times. Altho I did have 6 to credit during crazy credits.
    Fortunately, YoungestBrother was able to talk me down from the fear of Vista ledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Personally, I'm an HP person. My DH has one that is 6 years old and its doing great, had it in for minor repairs once, but I really like it. I'm using a Dell, thats what SGuy always recommended.
    I'll check HP-everyone I saw today had this ugly glossy screen
    Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    We have an HP and are really happy with it!
    Thanks!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I have an HP with AMD processing and Vista and no problems SR wise. I actually LOVE my laptop, it's lightening fast and a huge screen and keyboard.

Most people see my laptop and really wish they would have spent the extra to get the bigger/better one bc so far it's been worth every $700 spent on it. (Through SR of course! LOL)

Actually if your running XP eventually you'll have to get Vista when/if Windows 7 is out and available. Everything I've read you won't be able to upgrade from XP to 7 without losing all your data, but you will be able to from Vista to 7. Jan 2010 they're supposed to start with 7. I have way to many files with XP on my desktop that I'm trying to get taken care of now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I have an HP with AMD processing and Vista and no problems SR wise. I actually LOVE my laptop, it's lightening fast and a huge screen and keyboard.

Most people see my laptop and really wish they would have spent the extra to get the bigger/better one bc so far it's been worth every $700 spent on it. (Through SR of course! LOL)

Actually if your running XP eventually you'll have to get Vista when/if Windows 7 is out and available. Everything I've read you won't be able to upgrade from XP to 7 without losing all your data, but you will be able to from Vista to 7. Jan 2010 they're supposed to start with 7. I have way to many files with XP on my desktop that I'm trying to get taken care of now.
    Did you order directly from HP?