Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptop thoughts?

The danged dedicated video card is what's getting me (I ordered a Dell after spending years swearing I'd never get another Dell). I'd better like the Sims3.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    The danged dedicated video card is what's getting me (I ordered a Dell after spending years swearing I'd never get another Dell). I'd better like the Sims3.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's all like a "toss of the coin" as to which is the better laptop, LOL. Hope we both picked winners!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    My DD discovered a great deal on Newegg today for an HP laptop. It's a little large, at 16", but comes with 4GB Memory, 320GB HDD, and best of all, it is $599.99 with free shipping after a $50 mail-in rebate. This is their deal of the week. I don't know if this is the beginning or the end of the week, but I grabbed it. Hope me and Vista get along.
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went and checked it out, looks almost like mine, not sure how much different. Love the number pad on my keyboard and my screen is 17 inches.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went and checked it out, looks almost like mine, not sure how much different. Love the number pad on my keyboard and my screen is 17 inches.
    Glad to hear that. DD was the brains of the operation, of course. She did all the research, and I reaped the rewards (SR rewards, also, LOL.) Since I usually don't travel with it, the 16 inch screen was neither here nor there.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Glad to hear that. DD was the brains of the operation, of course. She did all the research, and I reaped the rewards (SR rewards, also, LOL.) Since I usually don't travel with it, the 16 inch screen was neither here nor there.
    Yeah mine sits on the kitchen table, it travels to the couch or the patio.
    It did make a trip to MA when I went on the luncheon.

Lori did some good research, I now know who to call when I need help!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Congratulations on your new computers! I hope you both enjoy them. I have never had a HP, my first was a Compaq and the rest have been Dells. I always by thru the outlet and like being able to pick a specific computer. That is the main reason I buy Dell. Kind like picking your own fruit, LOL. But, I love any new computer. Should come with its own smell, like a car.

So the laptop was to arrive on 5/19, then 5/27, and now June 3. Argh. I have to say if I want to continue with my order-any Dell I price on their site currently is shipping after 6/3, so I think I may stick with what I know.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.