Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop thoughts?

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

If you are like me, no matter what you get, you will love it. I love getting computers. I don't have a shoe thing, do have a purse thing, but I really, really love getting newer and better computers. I just might be a nerd. Bummer is that I had always passed mine on to the girls. And, that was my justification for getting a new one. But, Grace really needed a better computer for school, so she got a new laptop, last summer. (But, so did I. ) I gave my old one to Anna. It is okay for Toon Town and webkinz but she will need something better in another year, 7th grade seemed to be when Grace really started using hers for school. So, I guess the next time I get a laptop it will just have to be because...

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Did you order directly from HP?
    No, Actually it was a better deal at Circuit City for us. We ended up ordering it online for instore pick up in DE where it's tax free. It was also at the time $50-$75 cheaper at Circuit City then HP online, put that with no taxes and we ended up wtih a great deal.

I agree with Gay though, I'm a geek I love new computers!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm in the market for a new laptop for me to replace my desktop and get me more mobile...I would love to order through SR, but DH is thinking he wants to go with a Toshiba....anyone know anything about them?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I'm in the market for a new laptop for me to replace my desktop and get me more mobile...I would love to order through SR, but DH is thinking he wants to go with a Toshiba....anyone know anything about them?
    We have 2 Toshibas in our family. One is 2 years old and never had a problem. I've been very happy with it.
    Barb

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I agree with Gay though, I'm a geek I love new computers!
    I just love getting a new computer too. I have been looking around also. DH is laid off and thinking about going into business for himself if he can't soon find a job. So I have been computer shopping because my old computer will never handle the extra work. Plus I really really need well want a new computer. DD7 can have my old one also.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I just love getting a new computer too. I have been looking around also. DH is laid off and thinking about going into business for himself if he can't soon find a job. So I have been computer shopping because my old computer will never handle the extra work. Plus I really really need well want a new computer. DD7 can have my old one also.
    You need to get a new one. It is the right thing to do, for your daughter. Think about how much she can learn from Reader Rabbit, Jumpstart or whatever the current educational software. It is just a good motherly thing to do.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    You need to get a new one. It is the right thing to do, for your daughter. Think about how much she can learn from Reader Rabbit, Jumpstart or whatever the current educational software. It is just a good motherly thing to do.

That is excatly what I told DH. He still said I have to wait until he is back working. But once he is back .... I will give DD my computer and I will have to suffer and get the new one
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    That is excatly what I told DH. He still said I have to wait until he is back working. But once he is back .... I will give DD my computer and I will have to suffer and get the new one
    What we won't do for our children.

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

I have an HP laptop with Vista. I got a screamin' good deal at Best Buy. This is the second HP laptop I have owned. The first one lasted almost 6 years before it finally kicked the bucket. I will say... I like XP much better, but I am getting along with Vista.
    Elaine

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

My DD discovered a great deal on Newegg today for an HP laptop. It's a little large, at 16", but comes with 4GB Memory, 320GB HDD, and best of all, it is $599.99 with free shipping after a $50 mail-in rebate. This is their deal of the week. I don't know if this is the beginning or the end of the week, but I grabbed it. Hope me and Vista get along.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards