Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Nope, I'm totally wrong!! YAY!!

http://www.dvcrequest.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

Disney Dining Plan

Disney Vacation Club does not offer free dining to it's members. After all, we own the property and need no promotions to encourage us to return "home". If there is a free dining promotion offered, you will have to book your room directly with the Disney Travel Company at http://www.disneyworld.com at their current room rates.

When staying as a guest of a DVC Member at a Disney Vacation Club Resort, can participate in the optional cost Disney Dining Plan. You do not need to purchase theme park tickets in order to participate. You will, of course, need theme park tickets if the restaurant you wish to dine at is inside a theme park. Be sure to check out my Theme Park Ticket prices.

If the dining plan is elected, it must be for all persons on the reservation for the total number of nights of the reservation. There are no exceptions to this qualification.

Thank you so much Jen!!! You did all my homework for me!! I just think taking some time to actually RELAX (as opposed to the commando style when we usually visit WDW) and explore the resorts would be a nice change of pace. And of course, there's always the option of buying an AP when we get there if we really can't stand being out of the parks, since we'll be back next year with the whole family!
    Thanks for all the advice!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    Thank you so much Jen!!! You did all my homework for me!! I just think taking some time to actually RELAX (as opposed to the commando style when we usually visit WDW) and explore the resorts would be a nice change of pace. And of course, there's always the option of buying an AP when we get there if we really can't stand being out of the parks, since we'll be back next year with the whole family!
    Thanks for all the advice!!
    Oh you're welcome! I love increasing my Disney knowledge & w/the help of yahoo! I got it!

As for the AP...FANTASTIC fallback plan...and see, you're saving yourself some money because being a DVC member you DO get a discount on the AP!! I love justifying Disney math!!

Have a great trip!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Heck ya I would go! Just think of it as more of a tropical vacation vs. a Disney vacation. Relaxing, reading, swimming, lounging and fun couple time! Most of the best restaurants are at the hotels anyway.

I would look into a last minute rental car deal a week or two before the trip, to see if you can't get a car for dirt cheap.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin