Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I really need this??

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Do I really need this??

I think I've been reading the Dis budget board way too much as I am now wondering do I need this shirt. I mean when you find clothes you like you should buy them in every color per the Dis especially when on sale.

So based on what I've learned from the budget board I really shouldn't be thinking too hard on this. I mean I have this shirt in green and its holding up very nicely and is work appropriate. I should just buy it per them (we will waive the cost since it would be too much for them as it is not $2 at target on clearance).

But I am thinking twice about it. While I'd love it in another color do I really need the exact same shirt? I think this is one of those times I need a mom-type to tell me no buy something different.
    Sunshine Rewards

Sorry - can't help you! I think if you like the first one and it has been a good value in terms of cost vs. wearability, you should buy another if you like the color and think you would wear it!

Too much time on the Budget Board for me too!

OK, I'll be disenting voice. While the top is adorable, I would get something else. Even as a different color, you don't want toa lways have the same look - do you? I like to have variety in my closet in both styles and colors.

I would get something different (but it is a cute top!)
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Questions to ask yourself.

How often will I wear it?
    What will I wear it with?
    Will I remember not to wear both shirts to work in the same week?
    Do I need another shirt regardless of colour or style?

If you don't need another shirt don't buy it. If you need a shirt and will wear it often with things you already have and don't have a memory problem, buy it.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I think I've been reading the Dis budget board way too much as I am now wondering do I need this shirt. I mean when you find clothes you like you should buy them in every color per the Dis especially when on sale.

So based on what I've learned from the budget board I really shouldn't be thinking too hard on this. I mean I have this shirt in green and its holding up very nicely and is work appropriate. I should just buy it per them (we will waive the cost since it would be too much for them as it is not $2 at target on clearance).

But I am thinking twice about it. While I'd love it in another color do I really need the exact same shirt? I think this is one of those times I need a mom-type to tell me no buy something different.
    I ALWAYS buy duplicates of clothing articles that I like, so I'm of no help to you!! I say go for it.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Ohh...I like that shirt! I'm no help, trust me...I'm the type who would buy it in several different colors (regardless of sale price) simply because I have very little fashion sense. When I find a cute shirt that ALSO fits around the "girls" without making me look 10 times wider, I'm ALLLLLL for one of every color! Good luck!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Questions to ask yourself.

How often will I wear it? 2 times per month
    What will I wear it with? Jeans, Khakis, shorts, capris
    Will I remember not to wear both shirts to work in the same week? God I hope so
    Do I need another shirt regardless of colour or style? While I do need nice shirts like this do I necessarily need this one. I don't know

If you don't need another shirt don't buy it. If you need a shirt and will wear it often with things you already have and don't have a memory problem, buy it.
    Thanks Megan. As you can see I"m already rationalizing it and have outfits for both work and play planned. Its just the same exact shirt. I don't know why this one is bugging me. I mean I have the same exact sweaters in different colors and didn't think twice. Same with the BR button up shirts (which by the way work well with the larger boobage). Ok I will do what I normally do with hair colors and styles. I will wait 24 hours and then decide. In the mean time I will keep looking at it and seeing if my feelings towards it change. Luckily the other shirt I picked out is different and i'm not double thinking.
    Sunshine Rewards

Cute top! My question would be: How many different ways can you wear this top? Can you change it around with other clothes you already own; ie., dress it up with a jacket or skirt? What color do you want to go with? If it is the black or navy, yes, you can do more with it than say green.
    Good luck! And yes this is the mom in me talking as I have to have these same conversations with my teenager!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I am probably not the person to give advice (I have 15 or so black t-shirts that are very similar)

But, I'm with another poster. If I like it, it fits (everywhere ) and I can afford it. Yeah, why not. It's an adorable top. You could totally wear it with jeans or to casual work. You're young, go for it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
    Cute top! My question would be: How many different ways can you wear this top? Can you change it around with other clothes you already own; ie., dress it up with a jacket or skirt? What color do you want to go with? If it is the black or navy, yes, you can do more with it than say green.
    Good luck! And yes this is the mom in me talking as I have to have these same conversations with my teenager!

Lydia
    Haha. I have green already and that is black. Its one of those things that would have to go by itself as it is too long to go with a jacket but I could probably have some fun if I'd ever buy some accessories.
    Sunshine Rewards