Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cash Back Decreases

Default Cash Back Decreases

Unfortunately some of you have probably noticed that we have decreased the cash back on some of our bigger name merchants. It's not because we are trying to increase our margins--quite the opposite. We have been informed by at least 20 merchants in the last couple of months that they are dropping commissions because of the economy. We are currently paying back as much as we get at places like Staples, Gap, and Old Navy. We hate to decrease what we pay out, but they are leaving us no choice when they cut our payout to 1%.

Now more than ever it is important to support the smaller businesses. They are not only the ones in danger of going under but are also the ones actually willing to work with us to keep the cash back rates high. Companies with "big names" feel like they don't need to work with us because you are going to shop with them regardless of whether you get cash back. They might be right. But we'll continue to test out smaller merchants and point out good deals where we can find them.

Thanks for your patience and loyalty as we continue to make our way through what is a difficult time for just about everyone. We know our members are cutting back and sacrificing and trying to get by. We're here to help as much as we can.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Tricia thanks for the heads up. I am so glad that you let us know what is going on and why. I just wish I could convince some more of my friends to use this site when they shop online.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

whats sad is that those bigger merchants have no problems charging more for their items recently too and cutting their customer service. Supporting small industry is a huge way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    whats sad is that those bigger merchants have no problems charging more for their items recently too and cutting their customer service. Supporting small industry is a huge way to go.
    In many cases, they are very open about their attitude. They flat tell us that they don't need to entice people to shop through cash back sites because people always go there first because of the name.

I like some of the big box stores as much as the next guy (e.g. I love shopping at Disney...but they have lowered our rates about 1% a quarter since we started working with them a couple of years ago and totally ignore us when we say we won't promote them anymore). But they make it really hard to want to support when they just continuously take away and never give back.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Thank you again for keeping us in the loop and making us aware of what is going on. I know when I'm looking for something I always try to find the smaller merchants who have the better deals. Some of the giants aren't great with their prices in the first place.

We understand the scrafices and hope one day some will appreciate the business you supply them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Not only do the big name merchants not want to pay commissions, but they are also harder to deal with when we don't get credit. With the exception of Sears and Kmart, really none of the big names have an AM that we can deal directly with. The smaller merchants generally have a great Affilate Manager that will do whatever they can to ensure customer service and help with tracking issues. I avoid all of them when I can, would much rather help the little guy, corporate America hasn't done me any big favors.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I think the larger companies are failing to realize that even though we might shop with them regardless of reward sites, the payback is quite the enticer. I may not need that red blouse, but since I'm getting a little cashback, that makes it a lot easier to purchase not only the red blouse, but jeans and jacket to go with it. Know what I mean.

They all better realize that in these trying times we all need a little enticing with an incentive!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I think the larger companies are failing to realize that even though we might shop with them regardless of reward sites, the payback is quite the enticer. I may not need that red blouse, but since I'm getting a little cashback, that makes it a lot easier to purchase not only the red blouse, but jeans and jacket to go with it. Know what I mean.

They all better realize that in these trying times we all need a little enticing with an incentive!!!
    I completely agree! I sometimes factor in the potential money back when making a decision. At the same time, I have found some wonderful smaller businesses here that I never would have known about if not for SR. I will really be giving them more of a look from now on!
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Yes! Like Nuts on the Net. They are my fave and I wouldn't know about them if it wasn't (weren't ?? LOL) for SR.
    Melanie
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

see? now I am the perfect example of why they SHOULD offer more cash back. Just today I had to buy my son some shorts, and I went to every store link checking the percentage before browsing the merch. Sorry, but I don't just GO to Target.com right off the bat. I wouldn't have shopped with them if the price wasn't right and the cash back wasn't there. It's bad enough it was only 1%

I will certainly keep the smaller businesses in mind when I do my shopping. Maybe you could group them or make some kind of notation letting us know that they are a smaller business so we can make that effort
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt