Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cash Back Decreases

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

I want to send a big THANKS to Tricia (and everyone else at SR ) for everything you do for us and for making this such a wonderful site.

I have had to cut way back on my shopping and spending - so when I do need something I am going to look for the most percentage back as well as compare prices. The big companies just don't seem to understand that. Maybe that is why so many of them are going out of business.
    Elaine

Well i for one have a few favorites that i shop from and they have become ny shoes source exclusively and i would be in one heck of a pickle if they left.

Hope that things turn around soon for everybody.
    Every day is better with a little in it.I have earned over 2000.00 in sunshine rewards.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Thanks for letting us know Tricia! What's sad is the that big names need to realize in our current economic state, "names" aren't going to get you business all the time! Retail is suffering, period.

That being said & working for one of those big names, I can see where our direction to get guests in to shop is being focused & I agree it's a smart strategy. I just wonder if some of the big names don't get the strength that having a higher percentage means to a site like SR & their members?? I mean, I'd like to see/know of the total online sales, how many were driven by affiliate sites??....just sayin'
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    That being said & working for one of those big names, I can see where our direction to get guests in to shop is being focused & I agree it's a smart strategy. I just wonder if some of the big names don't get the strength that having a higher percentage means to a site like SR & their members?? I mean, I'd like to see/know of the total online sales, how many were driven by affiliate sites??....just sayin'
    I think part of the problem with some of the big companies is that they don't understand affiliate marketing. They just lump it in with their newspaper budget, commercial budget, etc. So if they get to the end of a quarter and are over budget for "marketing", they come to us and tell us they are cutting our rates or suspending the program for awhile. But if they are only paying us when someone actually buys something, doesn't it mean that less people will buy stuff?? It's really a strange perspective. But the companies that actually hire people who are specialized in affiliate marketing and trust them to make decisions are the ones that do right by us no matter their size.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I think part of the problem with some of the big companies is that they don't understand affiliate marketing. They just lump it in with their newspaper budget, commercial budget, etc. So if they get to the end of a quarter and are over budget for "marketing", they come to us and tell us they are cutting our rates or suspending the program for awhile. But if they are only paying us when someone actually buys something, doesn't it mean that less people will buy stuff?? It's really a strange perspective. But the companies that actually hire people who are specialized in affiliate marketing and trust them to make decisions are the ones that do right by us no matter their size.
    Interesting....I may just have to go take a peek at the budget now!!
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I noticed on a big order I did for my office.
    It was suppose to be 3%
    office equipment 1%
    90% of the office supplies was paper
    10% was office equipment.
    I was suppose to get almost $6.00
    and I was lucky I got a little over $2.00
    But I'm glad I got something, rather than nothing.
    Angie usually has to "go fight for me", every time I make a purchase to this company.