Thread: Cancelled Disney Trip

Default Cancelled Disney Trip

Well, I was going to take my 75 year old mother to WDW for Mother's Day. We were to be there 5-6 to 5-14. Mom has been having trouble with bursitis in her hips, but was too stubborn to say she was not able to go. Then all this flu stuff came up. I was just not comfortable taking her to germ central without knowing how this thing was going to shake out. So, I am pretty depressed today. I was really looking forward to getting away.
    Last edited by dawgsgirl; 04-29-2009 at 10:21 PM.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Martha

I totally feel your pain. [ I also canceled my trip with my Mom and 2DS we were to leave tomorrow, but we have been house hunting and it just seemed like the right thing to do. Now with all this Flu scare I'm glad that my two little ones will not be exposed to so many people.
    Michele
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
    Well, I was going to take my 75 year old mother to WDW for Mother's Day. We were to be there 5-6 to 5-14. Mom has been having trouble with bursitis in her hips, but was too stubborn to say she was not able tp go. Then all this flu stuff came up. I was just not comfortable taking her to germ central without knowing how this thing was going to shake out. So, I am pretty depressed today. I was really looking forward to getting away.
    That stinks and I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason and I'm sure you'll be able to get her down there for another trip or something equally as nice!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm sorry and I do hope your mother feels better.

This flu situation is scary!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm so sorry about your trips. We don't leave until May 23 and if the flu thing is not better I may cancel.
    There are huge discussions on the DIS about the flu. Most of the folks are saying that they will go no matter what. I just don't see that. I love Disney but I love my family more.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Sorry to hear that Mom's hips are giving her trouble. That would be hard to get around WDW, especially if it's really hot - it just wouldn't be comfortable for her.

I can appreciate concern over this new strain of flu, especially with all the coverage it's getting on the TV. But, according to the CDC website, over 36,000 Americans die of flu complications every year. Somehow that doesn't show up on TV 24/7. Not one American has died from this flu and we have access to medicines like Tamiflu that lessen the symptoms if you are exposed to it. There is speculation that Mexicans have died because they may live in poverty and didn't visit the doctor or that there is just not the quality of medical care that we are lucky to have here in the US.

Illnesses are certainly serious but sometimes I think the news channels try to "up" each other and hype things for ratings - look how they do it with weather events and salmonella outbreaks, for instance.
    Sunshine Rewards